Customer Service 866.965.0400

new business add what do you think

billawd

Good luck on the business!

IMO the first one is too hard to read, the text is not dominant enough. In the second the text is easier to read but the pic is still busy. What is the message you want to communicate? Be sure that you are focused in your message - both the text and pic. If a pic is worth a thousand words we want to be sure the message of those thousand words compels someone to act.

I would suggest simplifying the pic. Either cut out the background (think of what Adams does in their labels and at the top of this page) or use a different pic.

BTW - love the color!

This is just my opinion, look forward to seeing what your final ad looks like!

:cheers:

Looks good, I like the idea of loosing the background, it would look more professional. Also, thats a very nice car, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I would use a slightly more exotic high end type car for the pic. But thats just me, especially if your trying to promote upper end clientele. Again its just what I would do, so don't take it all to heart! lol

I agree the first one is hard to read, and about clearing up the background. If possible, you may want to call your business:

A world of detail

Or

World of details

Both of those domains are available and bill@aworldofdetail.com or bill@worldofdetails.com looks much better for an email address. It is fairly inexpensive to set up a domain and email.

Thanks for the feed back guys I am just starting out with this photo editing thug trying to lean the tool.

My market is cars between 50 and 100k I have found people with these kind of cars in my area will pay for good quality work and not not pick to you to death about price as were some of the higher end car owners think $250 to $500 is out of this world to detail a car properly.

My message is to bring in new clients and to promote my business the name what we I do and my contact info

Bill, give me a call this week. I can definitly help you out with an easy to use website and give you some direction for the flyers. Remember the photo-sized flyers I had at the show in November? They have been getting some great feedback. Let's get together and maybe we can come up with some stuff that can be mutually beneficial.

By the way - my latest philosophy has been to keep the flyers simple but inticing. The focus has been to get their attention but to intice the potential client to go to the website or call. You want them to take action! I passed out dozens of flyers and saw my web site hits sky rocket. I did this when it was snowing out a couple of weeks ago. Great use of my downtime.

Here is a pic of my latest flyer. (it looks better on high-gloss paper)

Mods: if the flyer violates any rules please feel free to delete. Thanks.

HPD4x63.jpg

Bill, give me a call this week. I can definitly help you out with an easy to use website and give you some direction for the flyers. Remember the photo-sized flyers I had at the show in November? They have been getting some great feedback. Let's get together and maybe we can come up with some stuff that can be mutually beneficial.

By the way - my latest philosophy has been to keep the flyers simple but inticing. The focus has been to get their attention but to intice the potential client to go to the website or call. You want them to take action! I passed out dozens of flyers and saw my web site hits sky rocket. I did this when it was snowing out a couple of weeks ago. Great use of my downtime.

HPD4x63.jpg

Great use of the QR code. Have you considered a Microsoft Tag also? Really makes getting contact information into a phone easy!

QR code equals a call to action. I don't know what a Mircosoft tag is though. i will look into that.

Bill new site is easy. I can show you what to do and where to go. And it was cheap. It took me about 3 days to learn it and build it the first time and I spend a an hour or two a week devoted to the internet site and fb. Helps me stay engaged. Like what detailers domain does (but with fewer customers, lol).

dipolley, Your ad is entirely way to busy and heavy to read. Too much material. (I know all to well about that) I have spent a fortune on past advertising only to pay a real company to do it and they basically said, Whoa let me guess your response was minimal if any. Sure enough they did an ad and i got a decent response.

Also, lose the adams logo. Most if any customers wont know or care; or ask you why your not using megs. All they care about is how it looks at the end of the day and wont care who or what products you used. I got this too on one of my ads, I had a list of name brands Panasonic/bose and customer called and asked why i only used them and not samsung/denon/polk audio. Lost the chance to even visit the house because she though thats all I sold.

Advertising is tricky, K.I.S.S is key (keep it simple stupid) Also dont underestimate the power of Google places. Its free and i used to get a phenomenal response. The trick is if you have a decent website. Both of you IMO need a logo, these can be designed pretty cheaply. Logo Design With a 100% Money Back Guarantee | 99designs In a competitive market like car care you need to have an edge over all the trunk slammers.

Dpoley your site looks good, especially if you DIYed it. I am currently going through a site redo now from my DIYed site i did years ago. in this day and age your website means everything and thats where the money gets focused. Here is my new site that is currently under construction. Signature Sound & Video | Serving New Jersey, Pennsylvania & Delaware and here is my old one that i Did Home see a difference? my web designer is awesome and if your interested PM me and ill get you his number. Hes small business friendly and you would probably fall off your chair if you knew how much i was spending for my site redo :) a 10th of what the cheapest decent web designers charge!

I set my now x best friend up in a detailing business. I started it, ran the operations and marketing for him and lets just say had he not quite doing it, and had we not had a falling out we probably would of franchised his business nationawide. Even had an investor interested :rolleyes: he was making a fortune. His mode of advertising?.... Professionally designed well made gloss business cards, a logo and a eye catching detailing trailer. we would go to large parking lots, un hitch his trailer and slip business cards in the foam/rubber strip next to the window by the door handle. The cards that we would do this had a $10 off coupon and a free Christmas tree sent hanger. The response was simply phenomenal, we had to quite doing it because it dam near killed him :lolsmack:

To the OP. No offense but i would go back to the drawling board. Lose the car, the wording and make it clean and simple. get in bold letters "We Come to You!" and a call to action like $15 off premium detail if booked by 1/30/2012. You guys could also use something like 99 designs to make up a flyer for not that much money. But honestly first get a website, then a logo then profesionally designed cards. go to your local print house and usually they will design cards for free or a minimum charge. Make sure you keep them simple and dont over load the customer with information. Just get them to call you!

Also, my pet peev is when someone uses their ISP's email account rather then getting one that matches your company. for example, yourname@gmail.com yourname@yahoo.com yourname@verizon.net or info@yourname.com. what sounds more professional?

Also, dont give out your personal number, use a fowarding service like google or a company that i personally use called "grasshopper" Virtual Phone System: Grasshopper | Manage Your Calls Online for 10 bucks a month you cannot beat it and how professional this makes your company sound is priceless. Its a phone tree service meaning when customers call they get a menu like "Hello and thank you for calling Detailers R US press 1 for information about our company press 2 for blah blah blah and press 3 for blah blah blah. You get the idea. New clients of mine comment on how big my company sounds, little do they know im just a little two man shop :) and for 10 bucks /month you cant beat it. The best part is your personal number isnt out for the world to see. Call my number 1-877-394-6988 which is actually a vanity number (1-877-EZ4MYTV) just dont choose any of the menus because it costs me minutes :lolsmack: also all my calls get forwarded to my cell phone sense i always have it on me. no need to get a dedicated business line

PM me guys if you want more info on this stuff. I started my company when i was 17 and bootstraped the hell out of it. But IMO a logo, a good website some business cards etc are invaluable and worth every penny, especially in such a competitive market like detailing. Get a facebook/google places and update that daily/hourly. Have a link on your website to follow you. Ill admit that im not great with facebook but i also havent had a link from a website to push potential clients there. Most of my fans are friends that know about my company:loser: Make sure you keep it well updated with pictures/facebook only deals! Ohh and take credit cards!!!!!

I personally use intuit go payment. I use my iphone/ipad and use the free swiper they give you. Intuit GoPayment – iPhone credit card processing for mobile payments you have two choices, take a lower percentage rate but pay 12.99/month or use the non fee based and pay a higher percentage. The rates are good especially for swiped transactions and is cheaper the square. They also have a service for gift cards!! Also invest in an ipad or android tablet, these are another invaluable tool to have for business owners!!

Good luck guys :cheers:

HPD4x63.jpg

Question, what is a day bar?

Please take no ofense, but this should be corrected to clay bar I believe.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

That High Point flyer is all over the place.

Try creating a logo - a brand looking logo. You think Coca-cola or Turtle Wax used a simple font that came with Windows Vista?

Nope. They created their own.

Put the time into it. It's worth it.

Professional means more than just typing the name onto your promotional materials. It's more than just the quality of work you do. It's everything from your image to your follow-up service after the sale.

Image is everything from promo materials (cards, flyers, brochures, videos), your storefront or mobile detail vehicle and how neat, clean, well marked it is to your uniform or clothing.

Put the time into looking professional. I've never seen Adam in a promo-video or otherwise not wearing his Adam's shirts.

Having his logo on your stuff, Facebook's logo on your stuff but a simple HIGH POINT DETAILING with a simple font doesn't spell 'professional' to me.

Just trying to help from an outsider's perspective. These are things I look for when I'm choosing who to give my hard-earned money to. I don't think I'm alone.

Guys these are all great comments and suggestions. Outside perspectives are always great. You get so used to seeing something, you become blind to things. Brendon, Thank you for the good leads. Bob, your perspective is very very much appreciated.

Ralph, the "day" is clay. There was some wierdness when I took the screen shot to post. Must have lost some resolution. Thanks for noting it, no offense taken in the least.

Here is the biggest hurdle for me. I am doing this on a shoe string budget, like so many small businesses. And they are short shoe strings. My website was created by me and costs me $78 and about 30 hours of labor. Everything costs money. I really wish I had the budget Coke or Turtle Wax has, really. But every dime I make goes right back into the business. Detailing product, paper and ink, detailing equipment, smart phones, phone answering services, professional logo and flyer designs, uniforms, etc. all cost money. I have to do things old school, I do work and make money, I do more work I make more money. When I save up enough money, I get to buy the next thing on my list. No loans, no borrowing, no debt. But constructive discussions like this and collaborating with other people with similar goals is a great help, so thanks to everyone posting.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I've been working on building my own brand for too long - and haven't gotten very far myself. Time restrictions and something always comes up to suck the money and time out of what I need to be focusing on, so i understand the frustrations.

I run a paint company that focuses on repainting make-ready apartments and rentals, foreclosure homes (while bank owns them, when trashed, so they sell for a higher than 20% of actual value). It seems like my hard work, dedication, ethics and everything else I bring to the table goes unnoticed and uncompensated on a daily basis. I know I'm appreciated, but my wife knows I love her - sometimes she likes to hear me say it while looking into her eyes or see a random flower sitting on her dashboard with simple I love you note. Going the extra mile to show you don't take anything for granted. Like we do here, at Adam's. We detail our cars because they are like parts of us. And we like to shine.

I have a few friends taking CAD and graphic design classes. I'm 41, so don't think I'm hanging out with 19 year olds here... lol. They are in their 30's. They've offered to help me design my logos and branding. I just have to put the time into it.

There's a wealth of talent just on this forum. I'm sure it would be simple to commission someone here to help you create a logo and maybe teach you how to edit it or resize it for your needs.

Some people work for Adam's gift cards. ;)

Just a thought.

I'm a broke house painter. I gotta get creative and find resources other than $$ when I need something.

I know I'm appreciated, but my wife knows I love her - sometimes she likes to hear me say it while looking into her eyes or see a random flower sitting on her dashboard with simple I love you note. Going the extra mile to show you don't take anything for granted.

My wife has been great too. I am so glad she has a great job that allows me to do this without any real worries.

To the wives :cheers:

Archived