Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dull Sunbaked Carbon Fiber Hood...

roushpwrd

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi Jim, thanks for using our stuff, and for joining our forum! I've got a few quick questions:

1. Have you tried anything yet on the hood?
  2. Can you take and post a few photos, close-up included?
  3. Do you have the Gen2 pads yet?
  4. Do you know what kind of clear was sprayed over the carbon fiber?
  5. Is the finish smooth, or bumpy to the touch? (Sometimes carbon fiber has a nearly non-existent clear over it it.)

Thanks for getting back with answers and we'll take a swing at getting your CF looking perfect again!

Thanks, Adam:thumbsup:

Hi Jim, thanks for using our stuff, and for joining our forum! I've got a few quick questions:

1. Have you tried anything yet on the hood?
  2. Can you take and post a few photos, close-up included?
  3. Do you have the Gen2 pads yet?
  4. Do you know what kind of clear was sprayed over the carbon fiber?
  5. Is the finish smooth, or bumpy to the touch? (Sometimes carbon fiber has a nearly non-existent clear over it it.)

Thanks for getting back with answers and we'll take a swing at getting your CF looking perfect again!

Thanks, Adam:thumbsup:

Hello Adam....I apologize for not being able to answer any of these questions except for the one about the Gen 2 pads....they will arrive here at my home bu UPS today!!! He went to Phoenix for vacation and will be back here in Massachusetts after the new year. I can look into in then. The clear coat question may be the most important. He put the hood on after market and probably has no clear coat on it. One question for you while I have you here....is the adapter for the PC 7424 still available? I may need one. Thanks Adam....and others who jumped in to answer this question!!!!!

Right on Jim! Thanks for your business, and I'm with you: Bring on the Spring!:iagree:

Well, have your friend join here, or shoot me photos of his hood: Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

When it comes to special, on-off type finishes like his, a picture and even conversation is essential.

I wouldn't want to shoot him in a direction that might solve the problem, rather, let's get exact!

Thanks again Jim, and Merry Christmas!

-Adam:thumbsup:

Right on Jim! Thanks for your business, and I'm with you: Bring on the Spring!:iagree:

Well, have your friend join here, or shoot me photos of his hood: Adam@AdamsPolishes.com

When it comes to special, on-off type finishes like his, a picture and even conversation is essential.

I wouldn't want to shoot him in a direction that might solve the problem, rather, let's get exact!

Thanks again Jim, and Merry Christmas!

-Adam:thumbsup:

I work with him Adam so as soon as I go back on Monday I will take a picture and enclose it in this thread. Thanks for being so helpful!