Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Cleaner as a Washer Fluid?

egott_91

Question

17 answers to this question

There is an actual glass sealant product. I ordered some up recently, but haven't had a chance to try it. I wonder which product would work better? I can see where the spray sealant would be easier to apply. Or maybe not. In reading the product description it says it is in a 4 oz fine mist spray. But the pic appeared to look as though it were a flip top lid. I haven't even opened the box yet.

The glass sealant is a great product. It does have a flip top lid and is applied using a blue microfiber applicator. It takes very very little product for an application and it works great!

The windshield needs to be clean before applying the sealant. I remove all the old product first using APC, then will clay, use the glass cleaner, then apply the sealant. After the sealant hazes then use the glass cleaner to remove the haze.

I can't give a good comparison to other products because I hadn't used them in over a decade but will say that I love this product as it seems to me that it lasts longer than I recall those others lasting.

:cheers:

In order to prevent freezing there has to be a fair amount of alcohol content, if we did that it wouldn't be safe for window tint on the interior so you're talking about another product all together.

Personally I avoid using my wiper fluid at all costs.... so long as you keep your blades in good shape, a good coating of sealant on the glass, and don't let the buildup get too bad that need for washer fluid becomes somewhat limited save for unusual circumstances, not to mention its just horribly messy.

Come to the southern US when the bugs are out in full force. You will use plenty of washer fluid. I don't worry about freezing. I only worry about that if I am going to drive up north during the winter and I avoid that at all costs. :D

In order to prevent freezing there has to be a fair amount of alcohol content, if we did that it wouldn't be safe for window tint on the interior so you're talking about another product all together.

Personally I avoid using my wiper fluid at all costs.... so long as you keep your blades in good shape, a good coating of sealant on the glass, and don't let the buildup get too bad that need for washer fluid becomes somewhat limited save for unusual circumstances, not to mention its just horribly messy.

Come to Indiana in the winter and try to not use washer fluid! :lolsmack:

Adam's Glass Sealant has 4x (at least) the active ingredient as what can be found in Rain-X.

Quick Sealant works better on anything not glass.

Glass Cleaner in the washer tank will freeze, and yes, in extreme heat, will degrade it's effectiveness.

Mook

And theres our answer! Thanks Mook!

Adam's Glass Sealant has 4x (at least) the active ingredient as what can be found in Rain-X.

Quick Sealant works better on anything not glass.

Glass Cleaner in the washer tank will freeze, and yes, in extreme heat, will degrade it's effectiveness.

Mook

It would probably freeze.

In the winter, yes. In the summer, I'm thinking the heat and everything would hurt the product and not make it as effective. So I guess it's not a great idea. Lol. I could see maybe mixing it with another fluid, but really that's just a waste of money.

There is an actual glass sealant product. I ordered some up recently, but haven't had a chance to try it. I wonder which product would work better? I can see where the spray sealant would be easier to apply.

Yep there is!!! Though I can't comment on which is better etc, thats one of the FEW products Adams offers that I haven't ordered or used yet :o So again I can't comment on its ability or durability.

Other products on my list to get:

Undercarriage spray (used it but haven't bought my own YET, semi unpractical for me as virtually zero wheel gap) so its a luxury rather than a must

Fender brush (again same reasons as above)

Lug nut brush (really want this one!!!)

Glass sealant (as mentioned)

Turbo Stick (wheels stay clean anyways, however I'm getting for customers/friends cars)

Americana (going in the next order :bow:)

CANNOT WAIT to complete my line up!!! Along with a Flex :pc:

Really curious about the real world application of the spray sealant OR glass sealant in place of a rain x type of product :lurk:

I'm using the spray sealant instead of rain x and after glass cleaner...of course I have to say I have NO clue how it does in the rain as I don't drive the car I use it on if its raining but it def beads up during washing so :thumbsup: probably work pretty well to repel the rain! Can others chime in with a more "real world" result?

There is an actual glass sealant product. I ordered some up recently, but haven't had a chance to try it. I wonder which product would work better? I can see where the spray sealant would be easier to apply. Or maybe not. In reading the product description it says it is in a 4 oz fine mist spray. But the pic appeared to look as though it were a flip top lid. I haven't even opened the box yet.

I'm using the spray sealant instead of rain x and after glass cleaner...of course I have to say I have NO clue how it does in the rain as I don't drive the car I use it on if its raining but it def beads up during washing so :thumbsup: probably work pretty well to repel the rain! Can others chime in with a more "real world" result?

Archived