Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cell Phone Advice

Will!

Ok so I live in San Diego and right now I have a Droid Bionic with Verizon and have been eying an iPhone 4S ever since I got my iPad2. I'm wondering though would it be worth to sacrifice 4G speeds for an iPhone? Or should I just hold out and not use my upgrade and hope that Apple will release an iPhone with 4G capabilities? Help me out!!

well, is there good 4G coverage in your area? i know some places 4G drops in and out to 3G.

another question to ask is how often do you use your phone without wifi?

honestly, i've been on the Apple bandwagon since the 1st iphone was released. they are great phones, but you really have to be careful because the "helicopter grade" glass will break if its dropped. i was not that impressed with the 4S, which is why is still have the 4... until Apple gets their panties out of a wad and comes out with one with 4G, i'm not buying another one.

...but they are great phones with a ton of apps to do whatever you want. if you plan on using it to listen to music/podcasts, there's another plus for it.

have you seen the new Samsung Galaxy S2? i don't know much about it, but their commercials bashing Apple are funny

Personally... I had a 4g android phone (evo 4g specifically) up until just a few months ago. The phone wasn't bad, but sprints 4g coverage was only in major metro areas. So if I was traveling I'd use it, but the rest of the time it was pretty useless. Plus I had to manually turn the antenna on to take advantage of the service, leaving it on full time just drained battery and gave me constant "no 4g available" messages.

When that phone unexpectedly died Sprint upgraded me to the phone of my choice free of charge. I went iphone 4s and have been much happier. The overall phone quality is much higher, I like the interface better (i'm a 100% mac guy at home so it makes it seemless for me) and since the use of 4g for me was rare I'm not missing that aspect at all.

For 90% of what i need a phone to do (call, text, email, message, facebook, pictures, video, calendar, etc) its more than sufficient.

I guess the question comes down to - do you have 4g coverage and if so how often do you think you'll use it? Its nice when it works, but its so limited at this time it seems pointless to really make it a primary reason for choosing a phone.

agree with the 4G being pretty limited. Having to turn the tower off would be a pain in the neck, the 4G phones I work with now switch from 4g to 3g automaticly. Both the android and apple have a good OS to me and both seem pretty easy to flip around in. I would say if you like the Ipad give the phone a try!

Now...what Adam's products can you use on your cell phone would be a much better topic IMO. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

I agree with you all but I figured that my Adams buddies could help me make a good decision.

Personally... I had a 4g android phone (evo 4g specifically) up until just a few months ago. The phone wasn't bad, but sprints 4g coverage was only in major metro areas. So if I was traveling I'd use it, but the rest of the time it was pretty useless. Plus I had to manually turn the antenna on to take advantage of the service, leaving it on full time just drained battery and gave me constant "no 4g available" messages.

When that phone unexpectedly died Sprint upgraded me to the phone of my choice free of charge. I went iphone 4s and have been much happier. The overall phone quality is much higher, I like the interface better (i'm a 100% mac guy at home so it makes it seemless for me) and since the use of 4g for me was rare I'm not missing that aspect at all.

For 90% of what i need a phone to do (call, text, email, message, facebook, pictures, video, calendar, etc) its more than sufficient.

I guess the question comes down to - do you have 4g coverage and if so how often do you think you'll use it? Its nice when it works, but its so limited at this time it seems pointless to really make it a primary reason for choosing a phone.

I was hoping that you would chime in Dylan and thanks for your input. San Diego does have pretty good 4G coverage and being that I am all over the county for work it's nice to be able to use it.

The biggest thing holding me back is being spoiled by the speed of 4g and the ability to use data and talk on the phone at the same time. But I honestly think that it's in my head. The bionic I have now I don't really like and have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket.

I need help deciding!!!!!!:help:

Rich be nice :grouphug:

Thats funny,,, I guess you can hit it up with clay and detailing spray to get the smudges off the screen. Dont recommend the PC and dang sure not the flex for this operation,.. just some clay and Americana the your phone will be tip top shape which ever one you get.. :patriot:

myself,, trashed the android evo and went I-Phone 4s

I am in the same boat. I have the Droid2 and really like the phone, but my wife has a 4s and with her also having an ipad2 it is tempting to jump on the apple wagon. Decisions are coming in a few weeks when my upgrade comes around.

The biggest thing holding me back is being spoiled by the speed of 4g and the ability to use data and talk on the phone at the same time. But I honestly think that it's in my head. The bionic I have now I don't really like and have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket.

Your ability to use data and talk at the same time is possilbe with the iPhone, it just depends on the network. On Verizon's 3G CDMA network, you cannot use data and talk at the same time. On AT&T's 3G GSM network you can use data and talk at the same time. Personally I have verizon and choose them over AT&T due to seeing friends on AT&T and how many dropped calls they have, how poor the call quality was and how little the ability to use data and talk was actually used. I use a phone for talking a bunch in my work, the call quality is very important to me.

If you wait until Apple makes a 4G LTE phone then you should have the ability to use data and talk at the same time regardless of your choice of wireless provider. :cheers:

Archived