Customer Service 866.965.0400

White paint

KBsToy

Question

Morning ,

I just bought a 2010 Camaro RS/SS 1800 milies on it. I would really like something to bring out the white paint on this car. I have been lurking and read about the clay bar and other process`s.

Again THANKS for ur help.

OK, so you gotta explain that avatar. Are you/were you on the Air Force One Crew? I'm highly impressed because as a retired Air Force person, I know that is definitely one extremely hard special assignment to get picked for. Well done!

I worked at the 911AW GPIA and whenever a President or other head state came in we took care of their planes. I started with Ford and ended with 2nd Bush. I was an ART E8 when I retired from USAFR 32 years then came high year tenure :(

I was fortunate to get a tour on Air Force One. Both the old one onew one.

I even got the M&Ms they gave along with AF1 coin :)

Edited by KBsGT

White is a tough cookie because its just harder to see the imperfections. But micro-swirls. etc still cut down on the shine, same as a black car.

For your purposes, inspect the paint carefully. Even with such low miles, if a dealer touched it, it will have swirled paint and a full correction will be necessary. (wash, clay, polish, wax)

If you are ok with how the surface looks, then baggie test it. Claying the surface will pull all the bonded contaminants off, followed by glaze and wax. That will be really improve the appearance, even with white.

Check out the videos for deeper explanation of all the processes. :2thumbs:

YUP! I'm detailing a 2012 VW Passat this weekend and it is all swirled up from the dealer installed swirls.

YUP! I'm detailing a 2012 VW Passat this weekend and it is all swirled up from the dealer installed swirls.

Please let us know your lighting set up and approach.

I've found a good way for me recently on finding swirls on doors and sides of my white Honda Fit. I set a 500w single light on floor pointing up slighlty from back door forword about three feet to the side. Seemed to show swirls well. Now just have to correct, flex on the way!

Welcome Ken. I've attached a pic of what is possible with the Summit White Camaros. It is not perfect by any means, but it is possible and quite easy using Adam's products. You just can't go wrong using Adam's detailing products.

Yummmmmmmm!