Customer Service 866.965.0400

EZ Detail Brush The Adams Way

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so how does one get on to the beta tester list???

who better to test than some of the most meticulous detailers in the world :)

Envelop full of cash addressed to me is a nice way to start.

Large bills please, crisp, banding not required, but I would prefer non sequential serial numbers. Thanks! :jester:

:banned: for teasing

Ok... heres the prototype... solid steel spikes make sure dirty wheels won't bother you b/c you'll be far to worried about the massive scratches! Doubles as a theft deterrent! :lolsmack:

KE-2608.jpg

Seriously though... we'll have some info on the actual tool once we have the production ready version in hand. Theres been a lot of tweaks to the design over the last 6-8 months.

Yeah but wouldn't you rather have a brush named after you that doesn't damage things? :thumbsup:

You gotta wonder how they get away with such descriptions then:

Soft, nonabrasive 2 inch bristles. Whether the wheels are aluminum or clear coated, they can be scratched by the wrong brush. The Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush features nylon Nylex bristles that are both flexible and durable. The end of each bristle is feathered to provide an extra gentle touch on delicate wheel finishes. Use the Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush on highly polished aluminum, chrome, stainless, clear coated, and painted wheels with confidence.

You gotta wonder how they get away with such descriptions then:

I can only go off what I saw with my own eyes. Personally I would never touch my or someone else's wheels with THAT or something like it, with those bristles. Tires and wheel wells, sure!

I'll reserve my Boar's Hair, Turbostick felt, or the .... (you'll see soon enough!)

:patriot::lol:

FWIW, I own one of these Daytona brushes (not because of the name, haha) and I use it for cleaning my wheels during every wash. XQUIZT actually gave me a hard time about it when he saw it haha. "This is NOT an official Adam's product!", he yelled at me. :)

I have to agree that I wonder about the "softness" of these bristles. To the touch, they feel like plastic, I mean, since they're nylon. So common sense would assume that they would scratch the hell out of your wheels' finish.

Unfortunately, I really haven't found any other brush out on the market currently that can reach into the wheel spaces like this brush can. Yes, I also own the Adam's Turbostick, and although it cleans most visible areas in the barrel of my wheels, it is unable to bend and clean the places behind each spoke. Now, this is just my experience on my wheels in particular. Other wheel designs/shapes will most likely have much different experiences.

The good news is that if the Daytona brush does damage and scratches the finish on wheels, it is unnoticeable on mine since the barrels on all my wheels are manufactured with a rough finish. If one had polished chrome wheels as well as in the barrel, then I would hesitate on getting this brush anywhere near them.

That being said, I am eagerly looking forward to a gentler alternative to the Daytona Speedmaster brush, hopefully from Adam's, that is flexible and can keep its shape when bent. I own every single Adam's brush currently offered and have for over a year. The only thing that's missing from the lineup is something that is flexible. Nothing would make me happier than to get rid of this eyesore hanging in the midst of the other Adam's brushes on my garage wall.

FWIW, I own one of these Daytona brushes (not because of the name, haha) and I use it for cleaning my wheels during every wash. XQUIZT actually gave me a hard time about it when he saw it haha. "This is NOT an official Adam's product!", he yelled at me. :)

I have to agree that I wonder about the "softness" of these bristles. To the touch, they feel like plastic, I mean, since they're nylon. So common sense would assume that they would scratch the hell out of your wheels' finish.

Unfortunately, I really haven't found any other brush out on the market currently that can reach into the wheel spaces like this brush can. Yes, I also own the Adam's Turbostick, and although it cleans most visible areas in the barrel of my wheels, it is unable to bend and clean the places behind each spoke. Now, this is just my experience on my wheels in particular. Other wheel designs/shapes will most likely have much different experiences.

The good news is that if the Daytona brush does damage and scratches the finish on wheels, it is unnoticeable on mine since the barrels on all my wheels are manufactured with a rough finish. If one had polished chrome wheels as well as in the barrel, then I would hesitate on getting this brush anywhere near them.

That being said, I am eagerly looking forward to a gentler alternative to the Daytona Speedmaster brush, hopefully from Adam's, that is flexible and can keep its shape when bent. I own every single Adam's brush currently offered and have for over a year. The only thing that's missing from the lineup is something that is flexible. Nothing would make me happier than to get rid of this eyesore hanging in the midst of the other Adam's brushes on my garage wall.

YOU BASTARD! :mad:

J/K

Gotta do what you gotta do... I will say that the brush, when we tested it, is a nice design, but the fibers are too brutal for ALL wheels. Thats kind of the design approach we take... i don't want to have a tool in the lineup that could scratch delicate (translate - expensive) wheels. We want something that will be good for cleaning the stock wheels on a 1989 Nissan Sentra and the $3000 a wheel custom cut billets on a hot rod.

I used it on my 22" TBSS reps... even though the barrel is not painted with the same high quality base/clear as the face, it is still painted. 2 strokes with the brush and scratches galore. Their recommended solution was to soak the brush in hot water to soften the fiber... that didn't seem like an acceptable solution to me.

On my wifes wheels, the barrel is the typical factory finish... so its not a concern.

I also wasn't a fan of the 'throw back' the fibers did with black gunk as you pulled the brush out... it would catch on the back of the spokes and basically 'fling' nastiness at you.

The tool we have coming will not have any of these issues... safe for delicate wheels, no fling, and IMO better cleaning. Stay tuned!

Archived