Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any tips for using the microfiber glass cleaning towel?

1FAST SS

Question

I can't seem to get my windows 100% clean using the microfiber glass towel. When using it I always seem to streak my windows. I use Adam's glass cleaner and I never use it with the windows hot or in direct sunlight. The towel seems to stick to the windows instead of glide over the windows. Window cleaning is one area I need to improve on to make my details outstanding.:help:

Adams window cleaner is by far the best window cleaner I have ever come across. I use this all over my house, and have even given it as a gift to family who wouldn't be using it on cars! I have always found that I felt the glass towels work better after they are slightly moist, or have cleaned at least one window.

Some day I will learn to take before and after shots... but I always think of it after I get done and am amazed at the difference.

The glass cleaner and towels work great. I feel it does take a little time to develop a good technique but much less time than the technique took to develop for using the PC.

Wish I had pics to show of what it does for the glass in the house. Between APC and the Glass Cleaner I have removed all sorts of grime and dirt, including paint overspray that was dried on the windows from the prior home owner. Not only do the windows clean better with the Glass Towels but they stay clean soooo much longer and don't need to be cleaned nearly as often (especially when I take the time to put some brilliant glaze on after cleaning:rockon:).

If my glass has alot of dirt I clean with Adams glass cleaner and a regular micorfiber followed up with a mist of glass cleaner and glass cleaning towel.

Don't tell anyone but I've even been known to use an old crappy terry cloth towel on really dirty windows before using the Glass Towels for the final polish.

:cheers:

Don't tell anyone but I've even been known to use an old crappy terry cloth towel on really dirty windows before using the Glass Towels for the final polish.

I actually used the utility towels the other day on my wifes... when we got back from temecula the front glass was covered in bug guts and dust from parking in a gravel lot... used waterless with a utility towel to get most of it cleaned, then used glass cleaner and glass towel for a streak free finish.

Glass won't scratch so theres really no reason you can't use crappy cotton to do the heavy lifting before doing your final cleanup with the right towel for the job.

I actually used the utility towels the other day on my wifes... when we got back from temecula the front glass was covered in bug guts and dust from parking in a gravel lot... used waterless with a utility towel to get most of it cleaned, then used glass cleaner and glass towel for a streak free finish.

Glass won't scratch so theres really no reason you can't use crappy cotton to do the heavy lifting before doing your final cleanup with the right towel for the job.

The weave of the utility towel seems like it would be great for polishing. I've always been hesitant on paint, but I would imagine that it would be a great towel for windows.

The main issue thats usually at the root of all problems with glass towels is over use of product. People seem to have a tendency to saturate their glass with cleaner, when it really only takes a little to get the job done.

Also, theres how you use it. My process starting with clean, clayed glass:

1. Light mist over the area to be cleaned. (1-2 trigger pulls max)
  2. Scrub glass with the rougher side of the towel to break up any stuck on stuff
  3. Flip towel to 'sueded side' and finish by buffing away any remaining product.
  4. Step back to admire PERFECT GLASS!

On my side windows for example I do 1 trigger pull of glass cleaner... thats all it takes unless I'm dealing with a lot of crud, which if the cars been cleaned should be the case. I see many people just soak their windows.... less is more people. Too much chemical is going to streak, its also going to cause the towel to stick.

Pretty much, to do the outside of very peice of glass on my truck takes maybe 8 sprays TOTAL... sometimes less b/c as I get towards the end the towel is already wet with cleaner.

If anything,just a tip that works for me if I use Adams Glass Towel or Adams WW Towel(which I prefer).

Have (2) towels ready for the cleaning of your windows.Cleaning/Buffing.Fold your towels in half and then half again.This will leave you with 8 clean sections.

Take your dedicated "Cleaning" towel and mist a spray or two of your glass cleaner to the surface of a folded new section of the towel,clean 1 section of glass(example:drivers side front window).Take your "Buffing" towel and buff the area just cleaned.

Switch/Flip your "Cleaning" towel to a new section and start with your next area of the glass(Example:passenger side front window)and repeat your process as above.

With a 4-door vehicle,you should have 8 sections for each section of your towels(Front windshield divide in 2,Both driver side windows front/back=2,back window divide in 2,and passenger side windows front/back=2).

This way of application will keep your glass cleaner from hitting areas of your vehicle paint where you don't desire it to and only on the glass cleaning towel.

Ditto, esp. on the windshield or rear window when it's gotten dirty. One towel to take off the heavy dirt, like outside of the wiper path(on the windshield), and then one to clean and polish. I have a bunch of these towels, so obviously I like them!

I don't have the green MF glass towels and have been using the blue waffle towels. I love them and reading all this sounds like there's no need to switch!

Also use the waffle towel and glass cleaner on the glass covered conference table at work. Always yields some compliments! :)

The initial use I found that they stick, but after you get them clean and then go to clean them the next time they didn't stick. I haven't tried the waterless wash towels on the windows yet. Hopefully you are able to get the hang of it and you will love them.

The key I have found for streak-free clear glass is a 2-step process:

1) Clean the glass in the shade with Glass Cleaner and a glass cleaning towel.

2) Take another new or freshly boiled microfiber towel (to ensure there is no wax/polish residue in it) and "buff" the area you just cleaned.

100% perfectly clear glass.

With the glass cleaner and towels, I find that there's a smeariness, for lack of a better word. I can move the smear around all I want with the glass towel, but it ain't going away, until I use a mild Dawn detergent solution....

I admit I had struggles with the glass towels at first but now love them. Once I figured out how to use them I use them everywhere, even cleaned all the windows on the house, inside and out, using them. And the windows stay cleaner longer and are easier to touch up once they were cleaned with the towels.

One big difference between using the glass towels and any other towels on the car... the glass towels do not get used by gently gliding across the surface like we might do while using detail spray or waterless wash. The glass towels have to be gripped so that they don't roll. The glass towels unique weave is great at really cleaning well, if they are held right.

I don't recall what I did to the windows initially to get past the 'sticking' but will re-figure it out when I do a new customer's car (new to me) in the next week or so.

Archived