Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash Pads

xkwj43z

Question

Okay so heres my problem im faced with; what type of wash pad to use when washing my car? I personally like a microfiber wash mit of some sort usally from walmart till I found it was marring my clearcoat due to crappy microfiber. Now don't get me wrong I own alot of others Adam's products that I love but the 9x9 wash pad didn't do much for me. I never even tried it out I took it out of the package and I was honestly scared to use it on my paint it just seems like it would scratch and hold on to everything dirt wise.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? :help:

18 answers to this question

Yeah man the wash pads are great. I use the merino wash mitt for the upper parts of my car and the jumbo wash pads for the lower parts, works like a dream!

Me too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sort of a threadjack...but on topic (if that makes sense)

For those of you with the Master Blaster, or similar piece of equipment.

Here is a little tip I discovered last weekend.

When your done with your wool mitt, or wash pad. Not only can you use the Master Blaster to dry these wash medias (sp) quicker, you can slowly sweep up and down the fibers. The heater air will part the fibers like the red sea, and you can look for any debris caught in there, all the way to the bottom of the pad or mitt.

It works for me, along with a hair brush I picked up. But if you take your time in doing it (about 5 min), you will be can be sure you don't introduce anything onto the paint in your next 2-bucket.

I'll also post it in the Tips and Tricks section. It's simple, yet very affective IMO.

-D

I do not wash with my hand inside the wash mitt. But like every one here has said, proper wash technique is critical! Look for all the information on this site about how to properly wash the car. It will take some time to sort through all the information, but it will save you some headaches down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Adam's Ultimate Mereno Wool Car Wash Mitt w/ FREE 16oz Car Shampoo

Get one. Stop playing around and get one. I use a high end lambs wool mit I got at Advance Auto Parts (clearance rack accidentally for $1.95 - they on rack for $14) for the bottom half and naughty bits of my cars, and use the Merino for the rest.

Check this list to see if you have a local guy and go feel one for yourself.

Dealer Search

Okay so heres my problem im faced with; what type of wash pad to use when washing my car? I personally like a microfiber wash mit of some sort usally from walmart till I found it was marring my clearcoat due to crappy microfiber. Now don't get me wrong I own alot of others Adam's products that I love but the 9x9 wash pad didn't do much for me. I never even tried it out I took it out of the package and I was honestly scared to use it on my paint it just seems like it would scratch and hold on to everything dirt wise.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? :help:

Before finding Adam's I too used one of those microfiber wash mitts too and my soft clear coat on a dark Mazda 6 ended up getting swirled to death! (despite having a good technique to wash the mitts)

I now have two of Adam's large wash pads and have been using them for over 60 washes. One pad is used for the top of the car and the other pad is used for the bottom of the car (the pad for the bottom of the car is marked with a black sharpie mark so that if it ever did get dirt embedded that the pad would never be used on the upper portions of the car)

It is important to have a good cleaning technique to insure that debris is removed from the pads and to insure that the pad fibers are kept fluffy and do not get all entangled. I use a hose with the fire hose nozzle in a pretty narrow pattern to methodically wash both sides of the pad from one end to the other. And I wash both sides two times in opposite directions.

After 60+ washes the pads look like this and they still do not leave swirl marks on the cars. :rockon:

photo.jpg

You have been using a walmart wash mitt and you are afraid of using an Adams wash pad on your paint?

:lol:

I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but you should at least give the wash pad a try. You have it out of the packaging, so what is there to lose? :willy:

... and there is that 110% guarantee. :banana:

How can you judge a book by it's cover? Trust me try the wash pads out. They are great and won't scratch your paint as long as you keep them clean of any big debris. Second if you like the wash pad then buy tell ultimate merino wash pad. I was one of tell first buyers and ill tell you that mitt is great. I have black paint and I don't allow anything that allows scratches to contact my car. So I hope this helps. Goodluck!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Archived