Customer Service 866.965.0400

Did toxic bird crap just screw up my paint?

Coderedpl

Question

Haven't washed my car in a few days due to rain and all but I know for a fact it did not have any bird crap on it. So today while i was out doing my errands I parked under a tree (mistake #1). Came back an hour later and saw a few spots of bird crap on the car. So I went to get the car washed at a car wash i only go to during the winter months (mistake #2?)

After they sprayed it off and dried it off and blah blah blah. I see my car has these spottings where the bird crap was. Tried to remove using a towel, no go. I got home and put ******** on it by hand and it didnt even do anything..... Kind of looks like the only way to fix this is a repaint or sanding-job?

Notes & Question:

Back in September of 2011 my hood was repainted by the bodyshop an Audi dealership works with. Could it be that when they repainted it they did something wrong? Improper clear-coat or something?

There was nothing else there but bird crap.

What are my options? Should i run back to dealer and ***** them out?

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

10 answers to this question

Try claybar, Then revive then FMP.

It is possible when they resprayed your car that did one very THIN coat of clear and didnt use a high quality clear.

When my moms yukon got resprayed on the hood they used a really sh!ty clear and did the passover method. Essentially their isnt any clear on the hood, if you look at it wrong it scratches. When we asked the shop about it they said regretfully that this is all insurance was willing to pay for :confused:

I get these all the time on mine since it sits out during the day. I clean them off and let them sit out in the sun a bit. A lot of times they'll smooth out some and then what's left I polish out with my Adams products.

i think that bird was eating tree sap and got constipated... regretfully it broke the seal on top of your car.

try claybar, if that doesn't work, try to polish it out with a PC or flex and SHR followed by FMP. if that doesn't work, find a skilled wetsander near you, or go to a reputable body shop that does wetsanding on custom paint jobs!

You may need the 4" Focus Pads to get it out!

Adam's Focus 4" Polishing Pad Kit

This is the very reason that I keep DS & a MF towel in my car, its very important to get these bird bombs off ASAP!

I do the same, but I can't watch it constantly, so when I come out after work and remove them, they already look like this.

Clay to make sure the contaminates are all off, but like I said above, I've found them to settle slightly after some warm days in the sun. :)

Have you tried any of our products on it?

Have you tried claybar-ing the area, then follow it with SHR?

No i have not. Not yet. That was the best i could find in the short amount of time i had.

Should I apply with machine or try by hand?

Try claybar, Then revive then FMP.

It is possible when they resprayed your car that did one very THIN coat of clear and didnt use a high quality clear.

When my moms yukon got resprayed on the hood they used a really sh!ty clear and did the passover method. Essentially their isnt any clear on the hood, if you look at it wrong it scratches. When we asked the shop about it they said regretfully that this is all insurance was willing to pay for :confused:

That's the annoying part, because now that you mentioned it I have a feeling the dealership cheaper out at the body shop and just wanted to get it done.

I don't have revive I think but i should have the other things suggested .

I get these all the time on mine since it sits out during the day. I clean them off and let them sit out in the sun a bit. A lot of times they'll smooth out some and then what's left I polish out with my Adams products.

This looks like bubbled paint. Do yours look the same? So you simply just clean them and leave them for a few days? Are you able to get rid of them completely later?

i think that bird was eating tree sap and got constipated... regretfully it broke the seal on top of your car.

try claybar, if that doesn't work, try to polish it out with a PC or flex and SHR followed by FMP. if that doesn't work, find a skilled wetsander near you, or go to a reputable body shop that does wetsanding on custom paint jobs!

I hope I don't have to resort to sanding but we will see.

You may need the 4" Focus Pads to get it out!

Adam's Focus 4" Polishing Pad Kit

This is the very reason that I keep DS & a MF towel in my car, its very important to get these bird bombs off ASAP!

I did plan on getting those, might have to pick it up sooner than I thought

I do the same, but I can't watch it constantly, so when I come out after work and remove them, they already look like this.

Clay to make sure the contaminates are all off, but like I said above, I've found them to settle slightly after some warm days in the sun. :)

Ill try clay for now and check a few days later and try again

No i have not. Not yet. That was the best i could find in the short amount of time i had.

Should I apply with machine or try by hand?

That's the annoying part, because now that you mentioned it I have a feeling the dealership cheaper out at the body shop and just wanted to get it done.

I don't have revive I think but i should have the other things suggested .

This looks like bubbled paint. Do yours look the same? So you simply just clean them and leave them for a few days? Are you able to get rid of them completely later?

I hope I don't have to resort to sanding but we will see.

I did plan on getting those, might have to pick it up sooner than I thought

Ill try clay for now and check a few days later and try again

Special of the day today. Revive. :banana:

Just to update.

I hit it using a d/a polisher I have with SHR. After a bit of work, I was able to hide it pretty well, but if you look close enough to the spot where it was. It's still visible under certain angles but certainly not the same as it was before.

Can't wait till the warm days for a full-out detail

Archived