Customer Service 866.965.0400

Oxidation on trunk?

Coderedpl

Question

So I get one issue somewhat resolved and then comes another. I thought I saw something in the past on my trunk but I thought it was just dirty or in need of a good compounding, well, I'm not too sure if maybe I didn't try hard enough or I need something else.

I hit it with 2 passes of SHR and didn't really change much. I'm thinking I need some revive polish here too? (which offcourse i dont have :help:)

Link to pics: Oxidation pictures by Coderedpl - Photobucket

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

Looks like some sort of oxidation to me....

What do you guys think?

Trying to find all these spots on the car since in a few weeks I'm planning to give it full clay + detail! :pc:

10 answers to this question

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but I honestly think that is a blend from a previous repair. The clear was just blended into the panel and now it is deteriorating and coming off. After a repair is done if the whole panel isn't clear coated you will see this happen after a few years. I really think you are looking at a repaint on your deck lid. Buffing may mask it for a while, but it will return.

I second what Daryle said.

One other point about the products you mentioned too. If SHR didn't help, Revive isn't the way to go, SSR is. From aggressive to least aggressive, the polishes are SSH, SHR, FMP, Revive.

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but I honestly think that is a blend from a previous repair. The clear was just blended into the panel and now it is deteriorating and coming off. After a repair is done if the whole panel isn't clear coated you will see this happen after a few years. I really think you are looking at a repaint on your deck lid. Buffing may mask it for a while, but it will return.

Man I sure hope my car doesn't look like that over years and years of time where I had paint blended in :confused:

Man I sure hope my car doesn't look like that over years and years of time where I had paint blended in :confused:

If you have a good painter do it............it shouldn't. :xfingers:

Well it just so turns out I was rear ended on the 7th of April, trunk got it a bit too. Insurance is only covering the flat part of it and not the top, so i spoke to body shop and I'm having them just repaint it as one piece. Not too happy about the accident, but at least I'll have this fixed sooner than I thought/planned.

Archived