Customer Service 866.965.0400

Out of Hibernation

MichiganSRT8

Well guys, I just got back from a weekend in chicago from my girlfriends sister college basketball team. Got out of the car in Michigan and it was 67 degrees out, i grabbed the iphone and looked and saw all 60 for this week and decided that is was a good time to bring my moms summer car outta sleep. 08 saturn sky redline, not very fast but for her its a perfect summer car as she doesn't need a super fast car. Car had been covered up with the Dustop car cover I got her a while back so no dust :2thumbs:. Gave her a full clay stripping the old wax and laid a nice layer of Americana on there, with SVRT accents. She's nice and pretty and best of all my mom was super happy when she got home with her car all cleaned up and ready to go, she didnt even know I was coming home so I thought it would be a good surprise :D Anyways heres a few pics:

IMG_7641.jpg

IMG_7640.jpg

IMG_7639.jpg

IMG_7637.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Uncovered the Vette yesterday and started her up. Backed her out of the garage and let it run for a while. I've seen quite a few on the roads now. Still don't have the insurance on her yet, but very soon. Our weather is calling for 60+ for the next 7 days! :banana::banana::banana:

Neat! Spring is just about here!:banana:

I seriously cant wait, I was home so I threw my summer wheels on my jeep and that made me even more excited that its on its way :D

She looks good, nice color!:burnout:

I was iffy at first when she came home with a red one but for that car it really works, the lines come out very well. Its got some hard clear though, very soon here I'm going to have to go at a few deeper scratches she got somehow. The red definitely gets noticed by the leos's though, or maybe thats just how you feel you have to drive when your in it haha :D

Nice. :thumbsup:

Our cars are still hibernating.

I originally was going to let them sleep a little longer as well' date=' but with all this nice weather I knew that my mom would want to drive it since she doesnt get to all winter. Was a good surprise for her, and let me blow off some steam detailing it from its awakening haha :thumbsup:. Pretty cool I took it out for the first drive and it was 68 degrees at almost 9pm at my house :eek:, awesome for a early march day here in Michigan right?!

Uncovered the Vette yesterday and started her up. Backed her out of the garage and let it run for a while. I've seen quite a few on the roads now. Still don't have the insurance on her yet, but very soon. Our weather is calling for 60+ for the next 7 days! :banana::banana::banana:

Its that time to get excited :D, ive been seeing quite a few vettes out too lately, including my neighbors ZR1 that I saw he backed out and let run for a while, insanely jealous. I have to go over there some day and tell him ill detail it for free if he lets me take it out :D:banana: haha

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great man!

Now get out there and organize that garage! Get yourself a tire and wheel holder and mount it on the wall. Place your wheels up and off the floor. They're 40 bucks!

I'd love to have a little toy like that, but then I'd have to spend all kinds of stupid money making it go fast... lol

I'd love to have a little toy like that, but then I'd have to spend all kinds of money making it go stupid fast... lol

Amen to that, and I fixed your quote.:glasses: One of the go fast shops around here drops LS motors in Solstices and Skys. They also do twin turbo installations. These beasts are not to be trifled with. Last fall I took a drive in the country instead of eating lunch (trust me I can miss a few meals) and ran up against one of them. I was out in the corn fields coming to a stop sign when I saw a black Saturn Sky coming up behind me at high speed. At the stop sign I proceeded to stand on it and left said Sky in my dust...or so I thought. While going from third to fourth with gas pedal firmly ensconced on the floor board Mr Sky passed me effortlessly AND loudly! We both slowed down and I ended up talking with Mr Sky who informed me on why I had just been passed with such ease. :burnout:

If Mega Millions pops for me Tuesday :banana: I'll commission one in black right after I get Mook his Mercedes. :jester:

Hey nice of you to do that for her!

Looks good!

Shes done so much for me, this is the little i can do in return.

Looks great man!

Now get out there and organize that garage! Get yourself a tire and wheel holder and mount it on the wall. Place your wheels up and off the floor. They're 40 bucks!

I'd love to have a little toy like that, but then I'd have to spend all kinds of stupid money making it go fast... lol

Haha yeah thats on the back burner for now because she has the house ripped apart still from our remodel, thinking maybe in a month ill be able to get everything put back together :D:2thumbs:

Amen to that, and I fixed your quote.:glasses: One of the go fast shops around here drops LS motors in Solstices and Skys. They also do twin turbo installations. These beasts are not to be trifled with. Last fall I took a drive in the country instead of eating lunch (trust me I can miss a few meals) and ran up against one of them. I was out in the corn fields coming to a stop sign when I saw a black Saturn Sky coming up behind me at high speed. At the stop sign I proceeded to stand on it and left said Sky in my dust...or so I thought. While going from third to fourth with gas pedal firmly ensconced on the floor board Mr Sky passed me effortlessly AND loudly! We both slowed down and I ended up talking with Mr Sky who informed me on why I had just been passed with such ease. :burnout:

If Mega Millions pops for me Tuesday :banana: I'll commission one in black right after I get Mook his Mercedes. :jester:

There are a few that around that are rediculously fast, mallet conversions are probably one of the better known. Trust me ive looked into it haha, the stock sky is painfully slow, or maybe it just seems that way from driving my jeep every day.

Welcome to Mallett Cars, Ltd.

theres a few awesome vids out there of those converted solstice and skys, theres a mean one out there with a twin turbo LS7 :D. lets see if i can talk my mom into that :jester: haha:banana:

Archived