Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT+Water VS In&Out spray

camaro

Question

I was watching some of the old Adam's videos and notice the old technique was 50/50 VRT and water for hard to reach regions.

Now that we have (S)VRT - can't we do the same 50/50 & render the in/out spray useless?

19 answers to this question

WOOHOO... I was digging thru an old box and found 2 full, still red capped, bottles of OG VRT! Looks like I have some spray VRT to make :D

I'm down to 1.5 full bottles and about 2/3 of a bottle of 60/40 milk, then I'll finally have to get some SVRT.

When the new formula came out, I bought 6 bottles of the old stuff. :)

OOOOH got it!!!! Now that makes sense ;)

I preferred using black magic but it is exactly how you described despite the glorious shine

Yeah and in addition, it would turn the tires brown once it dried up in the sun. I used the Armor All products before and they pretty much all suck!!

I do a similar thing, I found a few old paintbrushes and used them on my blizzaks this winter too, but with diluted SVRT, filled every nook and cranny so i got a nice even coat.

I have to admit that when the wheels/tires are off the car, I VRT them entirely, including the treads and road surface (OCD, I know) :lolsmack:

On my Blizzak snow tires I use a big paint brush instead of the foam applicators to get in and around the knobby areas. That way I can use the undiluted SVRT.

I do a similar thing, I found a few old paintbrushes and used them on my blizzaks this winter too, but with diluted SVRT, filled every nook and cranny so i got a nice even coat.

You wouldn't use the 'spray-able' version on an area that will fade quickly. It is used under the hood or to dress something for a show. The shine is about the same between the two, the SVRT just lasts longer.

OOOOH got it!!!! Now that makes sense ;)

On my Blizzak snow tires I use a big paint brush instead of the foam applicators to get in and around the knobby areas. That way I can use the undiluted SVRT. I started using this technique before I got SVRT when I was still ignorant and using "other name brand" tire shine products (the nasty greasy yucky stuff!).

haha me too! I copied the guys from the car wash (when I used to go to car washes :lolsmack:) I preferred using black magic but it is exactly how you described despite the glorious shine

On my Blizzak snow tires I use a big paint brush instead of the foam applicators to get in and around the knobby areas. That way I can use the undiluted SVRT. I started using this technique before I got SVRT when I was still ignorant and using "other name brand" tire shine products (the nasty greasy yucky stuff!).

come on man, you know what I mean. but ok, I wasn't very clear about my confusion. If the OVRT is not water repellant, wouldn't making the watery mix just spread faded shine?

You wouldn't use the 'spray-able' version on an area that will fade quickly. It is used under the hood or to dress something for a show. The shine is about the same between the two, the SVRT just lasts longer.

They're both water based. The SVRT is just water repellent.

come on man, you know what I mean. but ok, I wasn't very clear about my confusion. If the OVRT is not water repellant, wouldn't making the watery mix just spread faded shine?

WOOHOO... I was digging thru an old box and found 2 full, still red capped, bottles of OG VRT! Looks like I have some spray VRT to make :D

that's the thing I dont get. Doesn't OVRT wash away? When SVRT came out Adam showed how dousing with water makes the OVRT fade...so idk what a water OVRT mix would do

:confused:

I use SVRT in a 50/50 mix in a spray bottle but not on the car... :willy: ... use it on the outdoor patio furniture. Works awesome, restores the like new look to it and protects it. It works great for on our outdoor painted alloy/metal tables.

On the car I usually stick to the full strength SVRT and In/Out spray.

:cheers:

I was watching some of the old Adam's videos and notice the old technique was 50/50 VRT and water for hard to reach regions.

Now that we have (S)VRT - can't we do the same 50/50 & render the in/out spray useless?

U can but it would be messier. In and out spray does a better job and wouldn't run.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Archived