Customer Service 866.965.0400

Top Down Washing Technique

Odds and Ends

subtitle: "The Shoemaker's Children Always Go Barefoot"

I know of at least one other guy here on the forum (Hi Eric!) who also employs this technique. It's not for everyone and the secret is simply having good control over your hose....I'd go into further detail but this is a family friendly forum...:lol:

The almost summer like weather here has prompted the annual oil change and wash for my 968 Cabriolet. Yes, that's right, I said annual wash. This is one of my garage kept toys. The average upkeep consists of Waterless Wash and Brilliant Glaze. It is time for a once over with FMP and MSS which may happen later this summer, time permitting.

Here are some pics from earlier today. A quick two bucket wash, Brilliant Glaze on the paint, spray sealant on the wheels and I'm good to go unless I get stuck in the rain at some point!

- Darryl

post-3693-13681806752_thumb.jpg

post-3693-136818067533_thumb.jpg

post-3693-136818067537_thumb.jpg

post-3693-136818067543_thumb.jpg

You guys with your topless washes! Eric (eric@thompsonracing.us) has posted pictures of doing that with his Viper. I would be waaay too afraid of soaking the interior to do that.

All of these cars have power tops with two separate motors for left and right sides. They are notorious for getting slightly out of sync, which means they have a tendency to twist the bow. I converted the top to manual mode many years ago to save wear and tear on the motors and to eliminate the risk of breaking the main bow. I keep the boot cover snapped on and the zip-up-the-middle cockpit cover is an aftermarket piece. I usually clean and treat the top once per year, but just find it a hassle to put it up and down, so it stays down whenever possible.

- Darryl

watched top gear from this weekend, the lambo murcielago top was a joke, and they were saying how its a $25,000 part. it took Rut 45 minutes to figure out how to take it off. if i owned one i would probably have to do this technique :willy:

I use to do that with my unlimited wrangler. It had a hard top so I didnt want to put it on just for a wash. You just gotta know how to handle your hose, lol!

Can I getta 'That's what she said"!

Archived