Customer Service 866.965.0400

UC Tip

Osok

Question

Ok..let me apologize upfront if this is one of those "so obvious to everyone else but me" scenarios but last weekend while washing my car it dawned on me to take a foam block and spray the UC onto that then use the foam block to apply the UC to the wheel wells.

Is this something everyone's been doing forever and I just am that far behind?

It makes it so much easier. The UC used to always drip down off the fender well and onto the driveway and stain...which always annoyed me. Now..few squirts onto the foam block and bam. No drips! And..i can do all four wells with only a few squirts whereas before when I sprayed directly into the wells it was 6-8 pumps per well.

Just thought I'd share.

13 answers to this question

Cool!

I haven't sprayed it onto the blocks but have been using the blocks. Depending on the vehicle and material in the wheel well - I found that a spray or two or three and then using the foam block to wipe the material around to all the corners worked great and avoided the dripping issues.

Using the blocks definitely saves on the amount of product used and avoids the issue of catching the drips from hitting the driveway/garage floor!!

Will have to try spraying directly on the foam block next time!

:cheers:

I decided when I used the UC spray for the first time that the next time I use the UC spray this is what I would do. I used half a bottle on 4 wells :willy: and a lot of it dripped off onto the newspapers I laid underneath. Spreading it w/ a block like VRT will definitely save on the product usage. Although, depending on what the fenders are lined w/, like my SS in the rear is undercoating, a block would just get torn up so it'll need actually sprayed onto that. But the fronts I will definitely be usuing a block next time.

Always a good idea to spread it with an app if you can reach... on my truck for example though, the fender gap is so small in the front its virtually impossible to get my hand in, let alone an applicator so I spray and allow it to self level. Removing my wheels to dress fender liners just isn't worth the time when a spray on walk away approach works.

Always a good idea to spread it with an app if you can reach... on my truck for example though, the fender gap is so small in the front its virtually impossible to get my hand in, let alone an applicator so I spray and allow it to self level. Removing my wheels to dress fender liners just isn't worth the time when a spray on walk away approach works.

Yeah, with the SS the front and back fender gap is quite small, but turning the wheel helps to reach parts of the fender. I took the wheels off and cleaned the inside of the wheels and sealed them and cleaned all of the suspension last week.

Yeah, with the SS the front and back fender gap is quite small, but turning the wheel helps to reach parts of the fender. I took the wheels off and cleaned the inside of the wheels and sealed them and cleaned all of the suspension last week.

22" x 9.5" on my drop I can still only reach a fraction of the openings at full crank.

I have a long handled wand with a microfiber pad on the end that I use to spread the UC spray. I spray the UC spray directly onto the wheel wells, then spread it with the wand. Works great.

Well to avoid drips and stains on your drive way, just put some news paper under it and problem solved!

Your Idea is good. I've thought of it as well, but its hard enough to get my fender brush in between my tire and fender wall, let alone my hand and 2.5" thick sponge!

This. I started using a foam block back when my sprayer took a crap on me. On the Tundra and my wife's car, it is a breeze. With the Z, its tougher than a two dollar steak! The only thing I can do for the Z is turn the wheels to gain access to the wells.

nice tip, i tried the same when i had all my blocks cut up for SVRT, but on my moms car. youd think having a jeep id be able to reach into those wells easily but its not really much of a jeep :D haha. On a side note, Undercarraige Spray FTW! cant wait to get another gallon, love the grapes :D my sister came out and said it smelled like her purple gatorade. she had it right there, smelling them side by side was crazy, so close.

Good points on the clearance space to get in there. I guess I should've mentioned I don't use a full block. I cut off a rectangle piece about an inch in thickness and put it into the palm of my hand. So if my hand fits in the opening it works. Granted on my charger the gap is plenty wide.

Also good point about the make up of the well itself. If it's underbody then definitely i can see the sponge not working at all :( Thankfully my wells are plastic molded.

Archived