Customer Service 866.965.0400

High Gloss Tire Dressing?

i was thinking yesterday after i detailed the envoy, what if a customer really wants a high shine to their tires? i love everything about SVRT and i know if you apply a few coats it will make it shinier but within a few days it will get back to the matte finish. all of the competitions tire dressing seems to be silicon based and the ones i used before Adams just get caked on the tire and are a real bear to get off. has this ever been looked at? thanks!

Personally I've never understood why someone would want the super shiny look. I would explain to the customer that to get the super wet shiny look, you'd have to use a silicon based product that would attract dirt and turn the tires brown over time.

If you explain it right, they'll probably be all over the better product that Adams is.

Chris

Thoughts on tire shine are definitely 2 camps: shiny or natural. Unfortunately, I don't think that "super shiny," "water repellant" and "non greasy, no sling" can all exist in the same product. And for the exact reason you mentioned: super shine, from what I understand, needs silicone...and silicone is always cakey, greasy, slingy.

I prefer the natural/satin look anyway.

Personally I've never understood why someone would want the super shiny look. I would explain to the customer that to get the super wet shiny look, you'd have to use a silicon based product that would attract dirt and turn the tires brown over time.

If you explain it right, they'll probably be all over the better product that Adams is.

Chris

playing the devils advocate here....some people either dont understand that no matter how you explain it to them or they dont care and want the shine anyways :willy:

Its an idea we've kicked around, but its very low on the priority list. I know I've talked to some guys who have used UCS in the past as a tire dressing for people who want gloss.

Unfortunately we don't have a dedicated solution for this... I know most people complain that the OTC spray on high gloss stuff slings so aside from that I can't really think of anything else that won't sling AND gives you a high gloss.

Its an idea we've kicked around, but its very low on the priority list. I know I've talked to some guys who have used UCS in the past as a tire dressing for people who want gloss.

Unfortunately we don't have a dedicated solution for this... I know most people complain that the OTC spray on high gloss stuff slings so aside from that I can't really think of anything else that won't sling AND gives you a high gloss.

thanks for the response Dylan....i actually did think of trying to use the UCS to see what they looks like...maybe if this rain ever stops ill throw it on the tires and see what it looks like...if i slip you a $20 would that bump it up :lolsmack:

playing the devils advocate here....some people either dont understand that no matter how you explain it to them or they dont care and want the shine anyways :willy:

You said what "if" in your original post. I was unaware that you'd traveled this road.

I stand by my explanation, but it's also why I don't detail for a living. I care what others think, but in the end all that matters is how I feel. lol :jester:

You said what "if" in your original post. I was unaware that you'd traveled this road.

I stand by my explanation, but it's also why I don't detail for a living. I care what others think, but in the end all that matters is how I feel. lol :jester:

english owned me lol....i wish everyone felt the way i do about how a car should be detailed and my business would be booming :banana:

I'll admit I used to like the shiny look a long time ago but only on a real low profile tire, but not since I was introduced to SVRT. If there is too much side wall it looks cheap to me. Especially when you see the tires dressing splattered all over the side of the paint after it drives off from the local car wash (sigh).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

thanks for the response Dylan....i actually did think of trying to use the UCS to see what they looks like...maybe if this rain ever stops ill throw it on the tires and see what it looks like...if i slip you a $20 would that bump it up :lolsmack:

I use it on my winter wheels and tires because it looks great on the plastidip and it's just super easy to spray and brush with the boar's hair.

IMAG0148.jpg

Nothing to add really, outside of the fact that I agree with almost everyone who's posted so far. I've seen the cars with shiny tire dressing and always feel like they're trying to make the tire look like it's something it's not. After-all it's just a huge circle of rubber, and rubber doesn't really shine when it's new.

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing to add really, outside of the fact that I agree with almost everyone who's posted so far. I've seen the cars with shiny tire dressing and always feel like they're trying to make the tire look like it's something it's not. After-all it's just a huge circle of rubber, and rubber doesn't really shine when it's new.

Correct....one of the main things I emphasize to customers, DIY'ers, etc, is the importance of cleaning things prior to applying a dressing of any kind and the simple fact that when detailing, you're trying to make things look new again. Rubber is not a shiny substance to begin with. Sure it can be nice and dark, but when clean and looking new....not when covered with a shiny goo. Along the same lines, I don't like a shiny dash or shiny seats either....didn't come that way from the factory, why should I make it shiny now?

- Darryl

The great thing about the SuperVRT is that it lasts. My family has "other solutions" they use on their cars and they look crappy after about a week or two. Two weeks after SuperVRT my tires still have a beautiful matte black finish and bead water. As a bonus I don't have to worry about staining the driveway either. SuperVRT is probably one of my favorite Adam's Products I own.

I usually put SVRT over my High Gloss. I honestly have no idea what it is because there has never been a label on it. Someone gave it to me, smells like grapes. Its extremely shiny which I don't want so I finish it off with some SVRT and it knocks the shine down just perfect. No slinging or anything.

I like the black shiny look on my black shiny truck w/ the chrome offset. Just my $0.02.

The first layer of my Tires is the ONLY thing I use that is note Adams.

Nothing like the clean flat black finish of the tires with SVRT. Use to like the shine on the tires. but now would rather keep no shine. Get lots of compliments on the tires and trim from SVRT and the In & Out Spray.

:patriot:

No! No! No!

The only thing worse than dripping wet super shine tires is when you walk around a car show and you can see the ring around the tire where they just sprayed em down after parking.

Not cool....

Archived