Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ultima GTR

matts88yj

Hi all! Just thought I would share my co-workers brother's video he posted up about his Ultima GTR kit car that he built. He was just wrapping up the final details last my co-worker spoke with him so it should be complete very soon! It's a neat time lapse video that I thought was well done. I would LOVE to build one of these someday. Hope everyone enjoys!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFFKwGWKNo&feature=share]Ultima GTR 720 Build - YouTube[/ame]

thats pretty neat! i hope i have a son one day to build something like that or the Factory 5 GTM Supercar with.

I'm my own kid and I wouldn't mind building that one bit! It's like the grown up version of Legos! :jester:

MOTHER OF GOD! That things gonna fly! :burnout:

Oh yeah it's gonna haul the mail for sure. He is going to be at a show near me next year for sure. If I don't get to his location first, then I'll get to see it in person. He wants to put a few miles on it and make sure everything is in tip top shape first before going to shows and whatnot. Best of all, his one very down to earth guy!

Plus I'll have the opportunity to ride along in this beast. Oh I so can't wait. :bow:

That was a nice car b4 he put that ricey spoiler on the back!

That is actually part of the kit and I believe is fully functional for his intended use of the car. Trust me those engineers wouldn't have put it on there if it didn't need to be there. Besides who's looking at the spoiler when you hear a fire breathing LS7 ready to rip up the road courses? :jester:

Even a driver as good as the Stig was almost killed in a Koenigseggisseggggnignigsegigisegggg because it didn't have the proper spoiler. I'm sure a car like this would be a similar situation.

Here is some more info on the build in case anyone is interested.

Frame is full FIA roll cage tubular chassis. Seats are custom made for Ultima with 6 point Willans harness. Tires front Michelin 245/35zr 18. Rears 335/30zr 18 on custom OZ rims. Gear box is a Porsche G50 transaxle out of a 930 turbo. Engine is a hand built 427 small block LS7 all aluminum dry sump producing 720 hp and 650 ft lbs of torque at 6500 rpm. Total weight fully fueled is 2100 lbs. Still Guinness book world record holder for fastest accelerating/ decelerating car of all time (0 to 100 back to 0 in 9.4 seconds). Massive AP Formula brakes on cross drilled vented rotors. So many more details visit the site here

Ultima Sports Ltd - The Sensational Ultima GTR

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would update this a bit since there is some interest here. He did receive the motor! It was built by Gail Trent at American Speed. 700hp / 640ft/lbs and a 7000RPM redline. It's in and final detail items are being addressed now. Of course so Mayben isn't all over me for photos, here is one for your viewing pleasure :)

• 4 weeks later...
did he have it painted that blue, or is that the fiberglass gel coat it comes in from Ultima?

Just found out it's a pre-order finished color meaning no painting needed when it's together. He has informed me that he took 1st place at a kit car show in his area this past weekend. a6937b18-9c6d-a765.jpg

awesome! those wheels are sick!

i've been looking into kit cars for my next sports car. i'm kinda in between the RCR Superlite Coupe and just buying a new Z06 or a used ZR1 if the right one comes along. but i got time to decide. no plans for anything until around Christmas

• 3 weeks later...