Customer Service 866.965.0400

buttery wax or Americana?

LoCa1b0y

Question

How's it everyone! :help:

I live in Hawaii where it rains and shines along with vog and humidity... With my 2010 magnetic gray Tacoma, I started my rookie detailing with Adams starter kit (shampoo, claybar, detail spray, all purpose cleaner, vrt, hand polish kit).

Should I use that Americana wax or stick with buttery one?

How many coats should I put?

Can I apply it under the sun? (don't have a covered garage available):help:

21 answers to this question

I don't know if its just in my head but when I finish with the sealant then use Brilliant Glaze and Americana it looks like the paint is running off my car. Kind of like when you get done with a waterless wash wipe down, you say you won't detail spray it because its going to rain tomorrow but I find myself using DS every time after WW and the results :drool:

That's how my car looks after polish...

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!

They call it Buttery Wax...

To make it a liquid reduces the longevity of the product. Less solids!

AQS FTW for me anyway... I personally see NO difference on my G8 using any other Adams products against each other. That's not a hit on Adams, that pointing out that IMO, with polishing, whatever I put on for protection doesn't change the look of the car enough for 99% of people to notice. Therefore I go for protection and ease of use.

AQS :rockon:

I don't know if its just in my head but when I finish with the sealant then use Brilliant Glaze and Americana it looks like the paint is running off my car. Kind of like when you get done with a waterless wash wipe down, you say you won't detail spray it because its going to rain tomorrow but I find myself using DS every time after WW and the results :drool:

and there is no waiting for quick sealant? or is it suggested to wait the 12-24 hr period?

30 minutes to top... :rockon:

The one negative is the initial cost of the product. With labor cost, and the fact that you don't have to wait 24 hours makes the cost a bit closer in my book.

I love the stuff...

I can wash my car, throw on a quick coat of AQS, remove literally after a minute or so, stand back and admire. :thumbsup:

quick sealant?? just because its quicker or is it overall a whole lot better?

Better for longevity over the carnuba based products. For me and my DD's, it's the best thing.

Easy on, easy off, long lasting, and looks great! I can't pass that up!

I'd really like to see a liquid Americana.......

They call it Buttery Wax...

To make it a liquid reduces the longevity of the product. Less solids!

AQS FTW for me anyway... I personally see NO difference on my G8 using any other Adams products against each other. That's not a hit on Adams, that pointing out that IMO, with polishing, whatever I put on for protection doesn't change the look of the car enough for 99% of people to notice. Therefore I go for protection and ease of use.

AQS :rockon:

I have put buttery on my black paint in full sun and it comes right off and shines a lot! BUT - I now am trying out the quick sealant, and it beads like crazy, and I know it will last for months (I did a beta test on one panel and it went for 4+ months, I lost count). I normally use the MSS but thought I'd give the QS a try.

I wouldn't recommend doing the quick sealant on too hot of a surface, so if you have to work in full sun at least try to do your application early in the day before the sun is too harsh, or in the evening around sunset.

The most forgiving product we have for 'in full sun' application is buttery... it just doesn't seem to care at all what the conditions are it behaves pretty much the same.

Buttery can pretty much be applied anywhere, but you'll have to do it monthly for good protection. Americana can be done outside, but a cool car is a pretty good idea and when you apply, you'll want to do a couple of panels and then remove starting with the first panel you applied it to, and work your way around the vehicle that way. Direct beating sun isn't recommended. I'd do it in the earlier AM or later PM.

Americana will last at least twice as long as buttery and give you overall better results.

Personally, if I were you and my vehicle sat out all the time, I'd use the AQS. SUPER easy to apply and remove and since it's a sealant, will last longer than the previous two mentioned.

Chris

Archived