Customer Service 866.965.0400

WARNING! 2010 Camaro May burn your eyes

After pics start at post#23

Newest victim is a 2010 Camaro RS. Custom painted on stripes. This is a very nice car but more swirls than originally thought. I spent at least 5-6 hours on the hood and it still has some scratches. I think some of them may be under the clear.

Process:

Wheels & Tires with APC and GWC I did the tires 4 times with full strength APC and still couldn't get all the tire dressing off.

2 Bucket wash

Dried with DS and GWDT

Clayed with DS

Flex Green pad w/ SSR on the hood x 4

Flex Orange pad w/ SHR on the whole car x 2

Flex White pad w/ FMP on the whole car x 1

Used 4" pads on the PC in all the appropriate areas

PC Black pad w/ MSS on the whole car

QS on the wheels

After pics tomorrow after I apply the BG and APW.

Before pics, and the last one is a little frightening.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my dear lord. What in the heck does this guy wash with???!! Does he do a "no bucket steel wool" wash?????

Only been washed a couple of time since the stripes were painted on last year. He "always" used a quick detailer.

I had to use the Flex on speed 6. Yep, speed 6 with more than normal pressure to correct this one. Speed 5 just was not getting it done.

This owner challenged me. She said her car always looked better than the other Camaros in the Camaro club that use Adam's. They use XXXXXXXXX product. I'm thinking the other owners must not be doing it right.

Right now it looks AMAZING and I still have the BG and APW to go.:glasses:

Good grief. Please teach her BASIC technique and give her a DVD. What runs through some people's heads........

She has a DVD. I gave them one at the club meeting when I spoke to them about proper auto detailing.

Wow. Holy. Wow.

Thanks for your condolences.

:willy:

I did that more than once.

that is horrific! must be the most swirled up car club ever!! LOL

I almost tried to see if I could get in touch with you on this one. I finally said that's good enough.

Now when is Adam's going to offer a rotary?

So at that point, are those swirls or scratches?

YES!

Poor Car!!! :help::help:

She's all better now. About to get a coat of BG with my brand spanking new glazing pad on the Flex.

wow.

those GM chicklets indicate that it was an early model from the 2010 model year.

that car has had many (many) washes under horrible technique' date=' apparently lol.[/font']

waiting on the afters... :pc:

Hardly washed. They always did a quick detailer wipedown.

I can't wait for more pics of this! Those stripes have a fade into them? OR is that how the sun hits them? They are lovely.

Yes. Faded stripes. From metallic (almost bass boat metallic) silver into white. The bad part is when they cleared it I guess he used the same gun so there is also metallic in the clear over the red.

:help:

Almost done now.:banana:

manI love working on thrashed cars like that! the afters are always very gratifying!

Me too, but the hood was an extreme case. It's not perfect but probably better than any other 2010 Camaro in town.

This owner challenged me. She said her car always looked better than the other Camaros in the Camaro club that use Adam's. They use XXXXXXXXX product. I'm thinking the other owners must not be doing it right.

She must mean it looks better in the dark and she is wearing night vision goggles and only looking at her car.

Archived