Customer Service 866.965.0400

You know what I hate?

Theis

Let me answer the questions, yes I keep the applicator in the container but I have tried it with it out and it is still almost impossible to get the lid on and off. No there is not build-up of residue on the threads, I have checked and even cleaned to make sure there was nothing causing the problem.

Next, yes it does bug me A LOT, and honestly at the price of the wax (which is worth it) I should not have to replace it in a different container, it should have a quality container even if the price must increase a little. It is just crazy to put money into any product and then have to wrestle it to get the lid on and off. Poorly designed containers was the reason (and I like Adam's MUCH better) I quite using any and won't recommend any of Meguiar's products because the bottles of they liquid products break very easily and when I contacted them they didn't even respond to my letters. So I just don't see a reason to have a container that is difficult to open and close.

I have went through three containers of Americana, and they have all been this way... I hear what you are saying... PLEASE nobody think I am in anyway not happy with Adam's products. THEY ROCK, and so does the company. But these containers are a PITA

I have went through three containers of Americana, and they have all been this way... I hear what you are saying... PLEASE nobody think I am in anyway not happy with Adam's products. THEY ROCK, and so does the company. But these containers are a PITA

There is absolutely nothing wrong with stating negatives about products, just as much as the positive's. That's the only way they improve.

People not knowing how to treat a 4-way stop...

"indecisive" drivers.."wait should I go? No? Yes I'm going..wait no I'm not..do I get off this exit? Nope..what about the next 3 exits (turn signal on then off then on then off)?? Oh there's my turn!!" (blindly turning across multiple lanes...

People not knowing that you're supposed to be able to see the cars in front of you rear tires on the ground and following or stopping too close to my car! For some reason that REALLY bugs me :mad:

Most people not knowing that the "left lane" is NOT the "left lane"! What it's called is the PASSING LANE and is designed for just that..PASSING other vehicles NOT just another lane for traffic or you to cruise in

and of course drivers who do not pull over for ambulances or fire rescue trucks...selfish self centered "people" (since we're somewhat censored on here ;) ) If it were you or a family member you'd be running the other cars off the road to get to them! That probably urks me the most coming from an EMS training background, every second counts sometimes and to me at least those drivers who do not immediately pull over could be responsible for the death of a human being :(

/end rant lol

Edit: Apparently the topic has shifted :lolsmack: I keep my Americana applicator in the container and can say that I've never had any problems opening or closing mine, and feel that the container it self is very sturdy and well made...what I do have a problem with sometimes is grabbing the wax sheet from the container hahaha I know..I'm a :loser: haha!!

Thanks for the words of support. I agree with you, I love Adam's Polishes and every product I've ever used. I think Adam and the crew are great, but darn that Americana plastic container is just irritating the heck out of me.

Gee, I forgot how much I hate pollen. I also thought of something else that drives me crazy...when people don't clean their polished exhaust. The exhaust tips that are polished or chrome really look sharp when clean, and just really make a car look terrible when they are neglected...hate that! And the Americana container..LOL

When I take my clean car out of the garage after two days of rain. I intentionally wait until all the roads are dry, but then driving in my neighborhood streets my tires pick up all kinds of dirt and sand and even at 15mph it sounds like the underside of my car is being sand blasted!!

Oh and something completely different: I hate morons at the grocery store self check!! Seriously, there should be some kind of exam before people are allowed to use those. If it takes you more than 4 seconds to scan an item, go away. If you have a stack of coupons, have more than 10 items or want to pay with a personal check, GTFO!

When I take my clean car out of the garage after two days of rain. I intentionally wait until all the roads are dry, but then driving in my neighborhood streets my tires pick up all kinds of dirt and sand and even at 15mph it sounds like the underside of my car is being sand blasted!!

Seems to me like you need a V8 so all you hear is the exhaust and not the sand hitting the underside of your cobalt :jester:

I bet you whip up on alot of the v8 crowd though with your setup, including mine!

Just discovered something that I really, really, really, really HATE...the lid on my Americana Wax, this morning it took me 10 minutes to get the darn lid off, and 20 minutes "attempting" to put it on when I was finished. This has been a PITA since I've gotten the Americana. Come on really, shouldn't a great wax deserve a container that is easy to open and close???? It is so difficult to open and to get the lid back on, that I may not purchase another Americana Wax, because that's how upset I am with the silly lid at this moment. BTW, the car looks GREAT and I love the Americana...but a big BOO to the container!!

There was a whole thread from last year on this issue: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/product-polls-feedback-company-input/10445.htm

Adam said they were working on a new container that would've been released last summer, but I'm guessing that never happened. I agree that for such an expensive wax it shouldn't be that hard to open. I'd also think that they would've done more by now to fix it since it has been a known issue for some time. Great wax, just a disappointing container.

Seems to me like you need a V8 so all you hear is the exhaust and not the sand hitting the underside of your cobalt :jester:

I bet you whip up on alot of the v8 crowd though with your setup, including mine!

lol yeah it's true that my car is very quiet, until you open her up...

It's also a function of my R-compound tires. They're like little kids and pick up EVERYTHING they find on the street, even when they're still cold!

And I like giving V8 drivers that "WTF?" look on their faces. I don't do drag race but on the local road track I have surprised (and passed) many a V8. Of course I get wasted by V8's too from time to time like that time there was a Viper ACR :jester:

Edit: scrap that, the ACR is a V10, so that doesn't count :-)

But there were other V8s that creamed me. :lol:

There was a whole thread from last year on this issue: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/product-polls-feedback-company-input/10445.htm

Adam said they were working on a new container that would've been released last summer, but I'm guessing that never happened. I agree that for such an expensive wax it shouldn't be that hard to open. I'd also think that they would've done more by now to fix it since it has been a known issue for some time. Great wax, just a disappointing container.

Thanks for posting the link, I don't feel quite as upset now, and will await the new container. Now my biggest problem is after spending most of the weekend getting the car detailed...it is raining here and is supposed to continue for another day or so....although it's nice to watch the water just run off the surface of the car...guess I shouldn't have left it outside last night!:lolsmack:

I hate when I am watching TV, and a commercial comes on and starts off with a alarm clock going off and it sound just like mine. :explode:

I usually get up about 340 every morning to go to work. And on a nice weekend sitting back watching some tube and I hear that on the TV makes me want to throw the remote thru it. Just me but that is the most annoying noise in the world. Will next to this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrbKn5boVPA]Dumb and Dumber Most annoying sound in the world & Mocking - YouTube[/ame]

Archived