Customer Service 866.965.0400

wax frequency

Isaacrn

Question

I just put my first application of Americana on the car. I gave it a full PC correction two weeks ago, and have been unable to go over the car with Americana as I had planned due to weather.

I was wondering how often you all place buttery wax or americana on the car. Do you all do this weekly, or even alternate weekly? Would you suggest the alternating of the products?

I really have to learn to not get product in cracks. It was driving me crazy trying to get product out of seems.

The car's exterior is smooth as silk. Very nice indeed.

14 answers to this question

Is this a DD? If so, you could get away with Americana monthly and buttery biweekly. If not a DD Americana every few months and Buttery every 1.5 months. Your best bet is to put down a layer of either MSS or AQS and then top with BG and either Buttery or APW.

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!

I had put down Machine Super Sealant on the car when i did the correction. This is a daily driver. Would you personally stick with Americana, or do the Americana once a month and Buttery at the two week mark?

Also depending how often your washing your car...I wash once a week and its a DD. I apply Americana every month to month and a half.

I had planned on washing every week to two weeks. I have a buttery wax that came in a kit, but don't think i have the applicator.

On a side note, do you all clean the americana applicator with APC, or just leave it be? Can i use the americana applicator for buttery wax?

On a side note, do you all clean the americana applicator with APC, or just leave it be? Can i use the americana applicator for buttery wax?

I always do. Just yesterday I threw one out bc no matter if I washed it after every use, so much wax builds up in the foam after a while. Mind you I went through a tube of Americana using one app

I only wax when needed. If the water has stopped beading, I will throw a coat on. And so far I stripped the car down to bare paint twice in the nearly two years I've had him. I agree with the above. Too much wax will cause problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the heat, carnuba will disappear... There's a lot of heat in El Paso... I stick by my previous statement. I've NEVER had a clouding issue. Mine's garaged, but it sits out all day at work in the sun. I like a fresh coat every so often to keep that wet look fresh... Not to mention they come clean MUCH easier.

Chris

If you have Americana and Buttery, you really only need to use one. Buttery is going to be about every 2 weeks or so, Americana is going to be ever month or so (at least for my black paint - it cooks). The good thing about Buttery is that you can apply it in full sun with no issues, which can be convenient sometimes.

Watch what the water is doing when you are washing it. If it's still beading you're good, if it's starting to lose beading, add another coat. I would say choose which wax you prefer and just stick with that. If you wanted, you could apply a coat of Americana then touch it up every 3 weeks or so with Buttery then when you clay or get to the point where you have to strip to bare paint add the Americana again. It's all up to you, but your best guage on when to wax is when the beads start to disappear while it's raining or when you're washing it.

Over the years I have found that both the Americana and Buttery Wax will last 4-6 weeks, although I did have 2 coats of Butter Wax (before it was Buttery Wax) on a truck that lasted from October until early March. Now granted it was gone over with detail spray at least weekly but it still managed to bead water after most of a Pennsylvania winter.

I agree with Mark. Buttery lasts about a month on my car and truck that get driven daily, parked outside, and washed once a week. But sometimes when I need therapy, (the calming of rubbing paint :glasses:) I'll reapply it every two to three weeks.

I always do. Just yesterday I threw one out bc no matter if I washed it after every use, so much wax builds up in the foam after a while. Mind you I went through a tube of Americana using one app

Speaking of pads, brings up this. I clean all the small foam pads, dry and put them in a special Rubber maid box. Otherwords if I use a pad for applying quick sealant, once cleaned it has it's own box for it. Same for any of the other products I use with a foam pad. This way I know which product I had used it on.

Cleaning a pad after applying QS? Because this product dries so hard, if I don't clean it as fast as I can, it doesn't seem to be thoroughly cleaned. Any suggestions as to what type of cleaner I should use? APC with hot water, etc?