Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Something Different: Granite!

The Ryan

So here's my submission. As a few know we just moved last weekend into our new home. While the house is in good shape I have about 1287428 house projects to accomplish and one of my priorities was to polish up the dulling finish on the granite counter tops.. While the granite wouldn't have been my first choice of colors, it is amazing as it goes from looking almost completely black; to full of colors in the right light.

Here's our mess of a kitchen with an island (catch all) full of stuff from my house projects and a fresh box of Adam's gear!!

MessyKitchen.jpg

Now lets clean it off and take a look at the dulling finish and yucky stains the previous owners left for us young'uns (previous owners were in their 80's) to clean up after:

DSC_0468.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

After to talking to Dylan about the best course of action for these catastrophes of granite, I decided on a Flex with an orange pad, Fine Machine Polish, a few Singles Softs and a Double Soft and of course some Detail Spray. Finished off with a fresh coat of Adam's Glass sealant. Below are my supplies for getting it done:

DSC_0490.jpg

I taped off a section of the island and went to work:

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0495.jpg

Here's a reflection shot before polish:

DSC_0496.jpg

Here's one after polish:

DSC_0497.jpg

50/50's the clarity of the reflection was improved 10 fold, you can see the difference in the two lights above the counters:

DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

The counters had either never been cared for, or just not cared for properly ZERO water beading on the finish:

DSC_0524.jpg

My beautiful wife was kind enough to take some action shots of the polishing:

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

Sooo what's it look like now you ask?

Well it certainly beads water after a generous helping of Adam's Glass Sealant:

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

And the reflections are simply AMAZING!!

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

Granite + Adam's = WIN!

Wow Awesome job!! What a difference.

I need to try this on my friends kitchen ..his counters look exactly the same as yours did.

Any tips will be appreciated.

That is real nice,, I was just thinking about Granite this morning before I jumped on the Forum. Came out Great looking. I need to do this to mine. Just got to get the wife on board with it..

No dusting from the polishing right??

Edited by GaryW

That is real nice,, I was just thinking about Granite this morning before I jumped on the Forum. Came out Great looking. I need to do this to mine. Just got to get the wife on board with it..

No dusting from the polishing right??

No I didn't have any dusting whatsoever. It only took 1-2 passes to bring the gloss out in them. Honestly the whole kitchen only took me about an hour.

No I didn't have any dusting whatsoever. It only took 1-2 passes to bring the gloss out in them. Honestly the whole kitchen only took me about an hour.

!-2 passes with orange pad and FMP.. then sealed with Glass sealant. I am going to try this weekend. Will take some photos see how it works.

Thanks for a good post... :2thumbs:

" Detail Something Different: Granite! Ah Gesh Ryan. Same material we have in our guest room bathroom. And as I was looking at the pictures, guess who pops her head into my den and seen your work - yep, the Mrs. Sooooooooooo in the next couple of days guess who's going to be cleaning the counter tops? There goes my motorcycle riding until I'm done. :>(

" Detail Something Different: Granite! Ah Gesh Ryan. Same material we have in our guest room bathroom. And as I was looking at the pictures, guess who pops her head into my den and seen your work - yep, the Mrs. Sooooooooooo in the next couple of days guess who's going to be cleaning the counter tops? There goes my motorcycle riding until I'm done. :>(

Sorry man! As long as you're using a machine it really shouldn't take that long is the good news. :thumbsup:

Sorry man! As long as you're using a machine it really shouldn't take that long is the good news. :thumbsup:

Any pointers,,, you might have. Anything you ran into as far with the Flex on the granite. I have a PC.. Hoping that will work also. Wonder How Buttery would work,,,, HUMMMMMMM. Good Smelling Kitchen. :cheers:

:patriot: