Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Something Different: Electric Transformer (ground level)

DaveVY

We have underground electric/utilities in our neighborhood and have these transformer boxes sitting in our front yards every few houses. These are around 10+ years old and the one in our yard is showing its age.

Before:

ElecBoxBefore.jpg

I really like the Revive Polish and wanted to show the difference it can make.

Used:

APC

Tire and Fender Brush

Revive Polish

Blue 4" Pad on the PC

Did a quick hose down and liberally sprayed with APC. Brushed it down with the tire and fender brush.

Used the Revive Polish on the 4" focus pads with the PC. Worked it in 1'x1' sections.

It came out looking much better but not like new. The top paint was totally gone in some spots and the remainder of the top really needs new paint.

After:

ElecBoxFrontAfter.jpg

Closer look at the paint:

ElecBoxSideAfter.jpg

Revive Rocks for cleaning up this type of oxidation!!

:cheers:

Looks good! I bet the neighbors thought you looked crazy!

I was wondering about that when I was out there working. A couple different people were out walking... but when they got close to me they crossed over to the other side of the street and just kept on walking...

:willy:

Quick, go get a photo with an Adam's product in it so you don't get DQ'd.

THE RULES: read carefully so you aren't DQ'd over something silly.

•  
  • At least 1 AFTER shot must include an Adam's labeled product physically in the photo. No product = No entry. Finding a creative and interesting way to incorporate a bottle in the shot will count for a lot.

Make sure you put a bunch of bushes right in front of it like everyone else does....

I am a lineman for the local power company and have to deal with that all the time

Same with us at the phone company.. I have easement peds (cable and telco) in my front yard and my wife wanted to plant something in front of them. I told her no for every pedestal I couldn't find when I was a tech!

Love this submission! Never would have thought to clean up someone else's property even if it is in my front yard. And yes I'm sure the neighbors thought you were completely bonkers.

I was wondering about that when I was out there working. A couple different people were out walking... but when they got close to me they crossed over to the other side of the street and just kept on walking...

:lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack: I would have crossed the street, too.

That's hilarious. Next time you see them, run up to them looking frantic, and say, "Stop the Rabbits from SCREEEEAMING!"