Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze over Americana?

LightStang

Question

I was wondering if it's worth putting coats of Brilliant Glaze over a coat of Americana paste wax. Will the Glaze be ineffective? Will it last longer than a few days of daily driving? I know its best to apply before the wax, but was curious.

8 answers to this question

I got in the habit from the old BSG of putting the glaze on top. Even with the new BG I still put it on top of wax, it really adds pop and lasts several weeks, although the current trend is under the wax. Either way works, both ways have pros and cons. I find BG so easy to apply I don't mind doing it every few weeks.

Bruce

Since the Brilliant does have some cleaning properties, I would not suggest using it over top the wax. I know a lot of folks do it, but using it on top of the wax will remove some of the wax, I think you would be better to do Brilliant, Buttery, and after a few hours to set an additional coat of Buttery.

There is some validity to what Mark says. BG does SLOWLY break down your wax's level of protection. I'd recommend after the 3rd or 4th application of BG OVER your wax, that it'd be a good rule of thumb to reapply your wax of choice, to maintain a strong level of protection. Make sense?