Customer Service 866.965.0400

After Claying...

DTrem13

Question

10 answers to this question

If you are going straight to sealant, I'd do a full wash. Just on case you missed and clay/DS residue, that'd be a bummer if you seal that in, then notice it after you've glazed/waxed. All that hard work/product would have to come off to remove any leftover schmutz you sealed in.

I'm always a fan of getting the Revive Hand Polish out if I only will be claying. It gives me peace of mind knowing that I de-contaminated the paint, and then also cleansed it well, right before Sealant or Wax.

Mook

I'm always a fan of getting the Revive Hand Polish out if I only will be claying. It gives me peace of mind knowing that I de-contaminated the paint, and then also cleansed it well, right before Sealant or Wax.

Mook

I completely agree, I don't even remove the residue from the clay bar (Adam told me it was OK to leave it on), just use the Revive and remove the residue when I remove the Revive. Mook is correct, the Revive really does decontaminate the paint and leaves it in great shape for whatever next step you decide to do!

Thanks everyone! I ended up doing a second wash. Although I did like Mook's idea of using Revive, I didn't have any. I definitely need some!

Here's a pic of the clay after claying the molding on the driver side front door. Nasty!

43f17058-2584-d6fc.jpg

Here's the truck afterward. It's a late birthday present for my dad.

43f17058-25ae-8f42.jpg

43f17058-25c1-d6f6.jpg

43f17058-25d0-6632.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That's what I said! And this was after a good 2 bucket wash too. :willy:

And it was flipped to a clean side right before. And I probably clayed a 6 inch by 2 foot area too.

:lol: right on man!!! Only time my clay has ever looked like that was with my uncles black work truck/ daily driver that had been detailed by a "professional" before...yea...haha seriously, I'm with ya man cause after one panel and multiple flips and kneading it still looked like that!! Destroyed a piece of clay, I refuse to use something like that even for wheels! Nice turn around buddy!