Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm moving to Colorado!

Team Adam's

Dylan you still driving?? lol

I made it to SC from TX in two days..can't be that far!

I'm still in CA... won't be heading towards CO until we get the housing situation figured out (which is in process at the moment) Also, just stacking up spare cash living in the in-laws guest house for the month. Amazing how much spare money you have at the end of a month when you don't have a mortgage or utilities to worry about LOL. That money should come in handy once we get settled.

We're probably looking at a 3-4 day drive to CO (taking our time and stopping a few places along the way) in mid to late september.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely does. Theres no way we could ever afford to be a one income house and maintain our standard of living here in CA. Truth be told, its costing more than ever to live here, and the quality of life is lower than its ever been.

I'm not a big fan of paying more for less... getting out while the gettings good! I'll always be a Cali guy at heart, but too much is wrong with this state to justify spending what we do to live here.

Congratulations! This sounds alot like NY . Costing more and more and getting less and less.

• 1 month later...

and I'm back online!

Well, just short 1000 miles of driving and over 2 days plus a few days of heavy lifting the family is in Colorado and I'm officially working from my new office in the Adam's HQ!!

If I was unavailable to answer your PM's or emails you should be getting a reply from me shortly.

Thanks for all the well wishes I got during the move, still a mountain of unpacking to do, but we're at least settled in our new home here in CO.

Took some great pics coming thru Utah and then over the Rockies (pulling a trailer up some of those grades was nuts) and I'll try to get them up here soon for you guys to see.

:cheers:

Glad you guys made it safely!

Pretty awesome drive, huh?!?

Understatement.

Up the last leg of the rockies before heading down I had the truck floored... literally... hit the bottom of the hill at about 70mph... by the time I got to the top it wasn't able to maintain 30mph.

The rest of the drive was cake, but that part really made me wish I'd sprung for that duramax! :willy:

Understatement.

Up the last leg of the rockies before heading down I had the truck floored... literally... hit the bottom of the hill at about 70mph... by the time I got to the top it wasn't able to maintain 30mph.

The rest of the drive was cake, but that part really made me wish I'd sprung for that duramax! :willy:

Ha, did you get your truck tuned ever to know back the tq management? The hill must have been monster. The altitude for sure didn't help much either obviously.

Understatement.

Glad you made it safely. I love my Duramax, but not the payment or the gas mileage. Still have a lot of breaking into do, a year old and barely 8K miles.

How is the family doing with the adjustment? Iam sure it is pretty cold already to them.

Edited by LFairbanks

Congrats on the move! Glad you were able to move closer to work. That must've been one HECK of a commute before! :D

The Rockies really are amazing, though. Any other "mountain range" pales in comparison, such as our Appalachians out east.

Geez, I duck out for a little while and Dylan's moved!

Congratulations Dylan - I completely understand about cost of living et. al here in California. Being on site at HQ should be great, and being able to live on one income is a great thing and a huge benefit for Tanner.

Now I understand about your buying a 4wd after the Avi (and not slamming it down on the ground).

Remember, no flip flops in the snow, it freaks out the neighbors. (ask me how I know);)