Customer Service 866.965.0400

Master Blaster info needed

txredgt

Question

What are the needed parameters as far as amps and all of those things for the beast? I am wanting to get one but I want to make sure what I have now as far as power supply in the garage can handle it. Also, I remember seeing that the first motor works fine with a power supply but when you kick on both motors at the same time that's what can trip the breaker. Any info on this?

All of this came about due to drying my car and not being happy with a) how long it took me to dry it and B) the detail spray seemed to stick a bit more to the surface than I wanted which could be due to unknown wax on the car. Oh well I know I will be SUPER happy with it and can't wait to get it and try it out. The sale is going to make it a little easier on the wallet too..

25 answers to this question

You need at least a 20 amp breaker and recepticle to be able to run both motors without tripping your breaker.

I love my master blaster because it has many uses and works great but do not buy it if your expecting it to speed up your drying time. If you only use the master blaster it will actually take longer because it exposes every single drop of water on the car and you end up chasing them away. I have learned that the fastest, most effective process is first doing a sheet rinse to get the big water off, then dry the flat panels and glass quickly with a great white drying towel and detail spray, then hit the rest of the water and hard to reach places with the master blaster. That seems to work great and take the least time.

I always finish up with a DS spray wipedown with WW towels for any smears or streaks.

Overall I would definitely recommend getting one, I use mine several times a week for random tasks...

It saves me lots of time but you will need todo a quick wipe down to get everything off.

I don't mind a quick wipedown at all. I think I will really like it for under the hood cleaning or stuff like that too.

You guys do a wipe down? I sheet rinse it then dry it, as long as your careful with your wash technique you shouldn't need a wipe down, after all the whole point of the MB is to minimize the amount of contact with the paint!

You need a 20 amp breaker and a 12ga cord :) GFCI is highly recommended :thumbs up:

I still wipe down after the Master Blaster. It adds that "extra" gloss from the Detail Spray and removes any water spots left behind.

I use this cord and have my garage on a dedicated 20 amp breaker with no troubles at all.

Edited by BRZN

Sheet rinse, "herd" what's remaining top down off to 1 side, spritz w/ DS, wipe w/ WW towel.

I have a dedicated 20 amp circuit wired with 12ga to a dbl GFI gang box.

The MB is mounted to the wall and has 35' of hose.

I didn't know what I had been missing until I got one.

Sheet rinse, "herd" what's remaining top down off to 1 side, spritz w/ DS, wipe w/ WW towel.

Where did you get the extension hose?

I was wondering if the MB could be mounted stationary, and lengths of hose added.

I do all of the washing in one location, and would like to have the blower permanently located.

Thanks.

I was wondering if the MB could be mounted stationary, and lengths of hose added.

I do all of the washing in one location, and would like to have the blower permanently located.

Thanks.

I believe Chris (Chris05GTO) has his mounted in the garage and added some extra hose to work like you want. He should be along soon to confirm.

Got the hose from a friend with a pool, lol, but you can get them at your local pool supply store. Just make sure you get the thickest one they offer because the air gets really hot and will make a thin walled plastic tear easily. Yes I used the factory wall mount.

Remember to wash out your garage and dry it out BEFORE you wash your car and plan on using this puppy. Last thing anyone wants is a bunch of air borne dust being thrown in the air while trying to dry off your CLEAN car or truck or TBSS.

Mook

I have one of these bad birds running on a 20amp breaker and use the Adam's Professional extension cord. So far no issues. I do agree it does take a bit more time to dry it completely off but let me tell ya, if there is ANY water left behind it's not this dryers fault! This baby moves some air and then some! I love how it gets the entire wheel wells dry as well as around the lug nuts and brake components. It works great on my G8 and got to test it out on a special ladies TBSS this past weekend :)