Customer Service 866.965.0400

What's the best inspection tool?

Adamized

Question

Does an LED light will show swirls better than the sun? Or is the sun the end all be all of Swirl Finding?

I'd rather not have to keep pushing the car out into the sun while I'm detailing to inspect the paint, or even if I should buy a good OTC inspection light.

post-5011-136818083908_thumb.jpg

post-5011-136818083919_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

I love fenix flashlights. I bought the whole crew where I work the tk15's. Best flashlight I have ever used.

Back to the question. It's interesting because some things that show up in the sun won't show in artificial lights. And vice versa. Just after my last full detail, which looked awesome in the sun, I found some light micro-scratches when I parked my car under a parking lot lamp. I was shocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are going to get a lot of suggestions. I use the stand-up 1,200-watt halogen at home and at the shop we also have flourescents, LEDs,and halide lights installed overhead.

No matter what you use, final inspection should always be out in the sun.

I use halogens on stands, the Brinkmann Bi-Xenon light, the Sun, my phone Torch app, and overheads. I like using multiple light sources so I can see better results/where I need to hit again, before I proceed to the next panel.

The sun is great, only problem is controlling its position and hours of operation. It cares not what time you finish your detail nor will it move lower in the sky to you can see the door panels.

I use a combination of a Brinkman Dual Xenon handheld light and a set of dual head 500w halogens for inspection.

The sun is great, only problem is controlling its position and hours of operation. It cares not what time you finish your detail nor will it move lower in the sky to you can see the door panels.

I use a combination of a Brinkman Dual Xenon handheld light and a set of dual head 500w halogens for inspection.

The sun is very inconsiderate, uncaring, and down-right mean sometimes.

Stupid jerk sun.

Let's say I was going to go to Wal Mart to look for a good inspection tool...what should I look for? Do certian types of light work better then others (LED, Hologen, ect.) ?? Do I need to dim other lights in the work area for the inpection light to work?