Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which towels to wash together?

Coderedpl

Question

Bear with me here as I DID search and I spent quite a few minutes searching but I haven't found a concrete answer, maybe I was just using the wrong terms or something.

So to hopefully help with future searches and to refer back incase I ever forget here is the creation of this topic.

I just wanted to verify that this is ok and safe to do, as I don't want to potentially screw up my towels. I did once already and now they have black/gray spots all over the place -_-

Offcourse with each group, using the proper amount of Revitalizer

Am I correct in the following:

Wash Group 1:

Waterless Wash Waffle + Great White Drying + Glass Cleaning

Wash Group 2:

Utility microfibers

Exception: If there is a group of towels that are really heavily soiled, pre-treat, and wash separately?

Wash Group 3:

Single soft and double soft towels

Does this sound about right? Anybody have their own methods?

Edited by Coderedpl

18 answers to this question

Wash Group 1:

Waterless Wash Waffle + Great White Drying + Glass Cleaning

Wash Group 2:

Utility microfibers

Exception: If there is a group of towels that are really heavily soiled, pre-treat, and wash separately?

Wash Group 3:

Single soft and double soft towels

I split mine up like you do Peter. I have 'good' MF utility towels and 'work' MF utility towels and wash them separate. Also have terry cloth towels that are washed after the MF's are done.

Other than the old black edgeless utility towel I wash all my towels together.

I pre-treat all spots with a 50/50 mix of APC and water and if a few of the towels are really dirty I may soak them in some mild detergent and water in a bucket overnight. When they hit the washer they either have Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer or some other mild detergent in with them. Stains are not going to effect the towel, be the stains from use or bleeding from another towel.

Over a year or so I've tried to wash the towels in different groupings and have finally settled on:

1) Glass towels - always wash by hand in the sink, the towels will avoid picking up any lint this way, will smooth out by hand on the counter and then hang to dry on a rack

2) Utility towels - will usually wash by hand in the sink but if I have enough will run a load just for them, will hang to dry on a rack

3) Everything else goes together in the washer (great white, waterless wash, single soft, double soft), dry most of the way in the dryer and then hang to finish dry on a rack

:thumbsup:

So here I am doing a little re-organization, trying to figure out my storage situation since I never really got that 100% down right and I thought to myself.

If i can WASH the towels together, then why not store them together?

Going to be changing 1 or 2 containers to a larger size and doing some re-organizing.

One thing that bothers me is how some towels don't 100% dry on the rack and when I put them in the container, I get that condensation but at the same time I do not want to throw them in the dryer.

So from reading these posts its seems you have to:

1. first separate utility towels from the other towels. and

2. within these others towels, separate the cleaning towels from the polishing towels, correct?

2. within these others towels, separate the cleaning towels from the polishing towels, correct?

Yes, kind of. If you have the gray utility towels they do not bleed like the older black utility towels, so they could be washed with the other towels. I think most do separate the cleaning and polishing towels though. I have lots of towels, so I only do them every few months.