Customer Service 866.965.0400

'55 Chevy Engine Rebuild

randyfox

What edelbrock? I didn't see any LS intakes on their sight. I've been told that the FAST is pretty much eye candy. A ported stock unit is as good. That came from Livernois.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one at the top of the page here: Edelbrock.com - Electronic Fuel Injection - Manifolds - Chevy LS As tall as it is, plus how it looks, I think it will match the engine and the bay well. Powerwise, I am seeing some big claims around the 'net...but you know how that goes.

I think a Maggie would give you the height you like! ;)

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

Looks good Randy! Looks like you'll have decent belt wrap around everything with the way that new setup is sitting. You wont see much power difference stock for stock with the truck intake against the car style intakes, but, if you can get a car style one it wouldn't hurt. Don't think of it as a priority if you want to get this bad bird up and running since that's an easy swap later on. If you're like me tho, I'd just do it so I didn't have to touch it again and drive the snot out of it.

You'll love the driveability of this new setup that's for sure. If you are hurting for power and don't want to go with the bottle, look into a Harrop HTV2300 FDFI. Best looking blower that looks like it belongs there from the factory. This is in a G8 engine bay but I'm sure it gives you an idea of what it would look like. You have a bit more room in your engine bay tho height wise so you could easily get away with a Maggie if you wanted to.

That is good looking too. I just looked at the MagnaChargers and I was stunned with the amount it would cost to do one. I think I would be happy with a top end kit and the Edelbrock intake like I was talking about.

That is good looking too. I just looked at the MagnaChargers and I was stunned with the amount it would cost to do one. I think I would be happy with a top end kit and the Edelbrock intake like I was talking about.

Yeah, I was looking at one for mine with cam and heads and I was looking well over 20,000 bucks installed. :willy: Needless to say, it's not happening.

My issue is when I do the engine, I need to do things down stream like HD axles, and poly bushings and such. I'd be WELL over 500HP at the wheels if I did it. :glasses:

I just wish they sold them here Matt...

They do but that's a different discussion for a different thread.

They aren't cheap that's for sure but the power is unreal and the sound is intoxicating.