Customer Service 866.965.0400

2013 Ford Explorer Sport will have 365hp... not too shabby

Team Adam's

We'll have one in our fleet in about a month or so. Our executive VP is replacing his Explorer which is the same design with this one. He's got over 75,000 on his in 18 months. lol

Sent from the past using special algorithms and data nodes!

I'm not gonna lie. I like the new body style of these. Caught myself staring at them a few times already lol. And Ford's technology & interiors have stepped up IMMENSELY.

They had a couple silver ones lowered on some very nice machine faced 22's at Barrett last year in the big Ford display... even had me thinking I'd be OK rolling an Explorer. The stigma of "ford exploder" and all the rollover non-sense has certainly dissipated. Kudos to the Ford PR people for turning that around, bc for a time there it looked like the Explorer badge would go the way of the Pinto.

You will need to upgrade the suspension. It felt gross when I drove a new one. Aren't they on a car chassis, or a chassis the size of a Camry?

Slammed one of those puppies would look nice!

They're on a Taurus platform. My parents have a standard (non sport) version and for what it is, I found it quite capable. I believe the sport has suspension and brake upgrades. The cops use both the Explorer and the Taurus as interceptors.

This is a FWD vehicle with rear assist, much like a Taurus or Taurus SHO.

They're on a Taurus platform. My parents have a standard (non sport) version and for what it is, I found it quite capable. I believe the sport has suspension and brake upgrades. The cops use both the Explorer and the Taurus as interceptors.

Hmmm....Edge with EcoBoost or Exploder with Intestinal Fortitude...

There's a lot to like about the Explorer Sport (to quote Clarkson: Powwwwerrrrrr!!!), but I can't get over my bias against front wheel drive and it being on a car platform, no matter how good it is.

There's a lot to like about the Explorer Sport (to quote Clarkson: Powwwwerrrrrr!!!), but I can't get over my bias against front wheel drive and it being on a car platform, no matter how good it is.

That's the way most of the "SUV" are going these days though...

Those that want something different can go with a SRT Cherokee... Of course they're considerably more money too.

That's the way most of the "SUV" are going these days though...

Yes, and I admit it's more than capable for the vast majority (i.e. it's a smart business move on Ford's part). It's just that every vehicle I've ever owned has been RWD and V8 powered, and the older I get the more set in my ways (hard-headed) I am. And dangit, back in my day SUVs were built on truck platforms! Now if you'll excuse me, there are some damn kids I need to get off my lawn.

Fords....well, let's see....My first car was a 1965 Mustang, 289 Convertible...later, a 1973 Ford Bronco, 1974 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4X4..(about to end on Ebay tomorrow morning)1985 F250 6.9L Diesel, 1999 F350 7.3L Dually Box Truck (still in service here)2000 F150, 2002 F250 7.3L Diesel, 2003 Excursion 7.3, 2005 F350 6.0Diesel, 2008 F350 with the 6.4L.

So, I suppose that Fords are really not my thing....:D

Fords....well, let's see....My first car was a 1965 Mustang, 289 Convertible...later, a 1973 Ford Bronco, 1974 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4X4..(about to end on Ebay tomorrow morning)1985 F250 6.9L Diesel, 1999 F350 7.3L Dually Box Truck (still in service here)2000 F150, 2002 F250 7.3L Diesel, 2003 Excursion 7.3, 2005 F350 6.0Diesel, 2008 F350 with the 6.4L.

So, I suppose that Fords are really not my thing....:D

I cajoled him into going GM for a bit :D