Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tree Sap on Fabric Top Help.

dipolley

Question

OK Everyone. I have a Ferrari 355 in the shop that was caught in a hail storm and as a result is absolutly covered in tree sap (or pitch as everyone in our shop is calling it). The sap on the single-stage paint is not an issue. It is the convertible fabric top that I am having trouble with. It is in chunks/large dollups. I washed it with the fire hose nozzle on full strengh and washed with Car Shampoo, then Dawn dish soap, then I hit a few spots with Carpet and Upholstry Cleaner to no avail. I need a safe way to get this off. I have some RaggTopp at home and that is my next step.

Any ideas for a fabric convertible top caked with tree sap?

Thanks in Advance

dp.

5 answers to this question

Well, I have never had to deal with that problem. My thoughts would be to try freezing the large chunks with ice to see if the majority would bust off? Next I would test an inconspicuous place on the top with isopropyl alcohol to make sure it does not bleach or damage the top. If not I would loosen the rest with the isopropyl Then maybe isopropyl, air pressure and rags (yellow Costco Chinofibre)???????????????? :xfingers:

david give raggtopp a try, I do detail with Ferrari's every day and iv'e used raggtopp to take it off sap and has worked well. If I remember correctly Adam himself actually has recommended the use of Raggtopp, great product I use in my arsenal with Adams. That in conjunction with a a plastic razor blade or chip card usually gets it done, or a credit card could be used in a pinch. All purpose cleaner with a little soak sometimes, but careful with the time its on there of course. The 355 spiders tops I have worked with also have been notorious for "breathing", leaving it for a few hours after its cleaned of sap then going over it again as it will show more. Get back to us and let us know how it goes man.