Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help - Liquid Tar splashes on my paint...

86lxjunker

Question

Hi Adams users - I need some help with my daily driver. They tarred the main road I have to drive down to get to work this week and I noticed today when I washed my car, I now have tar around all my wheel wells and some on my chrome rims as well.

I did a search on here...but the word 'tar' doesnt work.

What is the best way to get this stuff off......I think I have pretty much all of Adams products, but I never have had to take tar off a car before.

Before I try something that doesnt work, I figured I would ask the pros here ..... Let me know if I already have something from Adams or if I need to buy something tomorrow.

Thanks

Darrell

15 answers to this question

Ive had a small amount on my rims(clear coated) before and was using 3m adhesive remover at the time to remove some wheel weights, it took the tar off as well. Using it on the paint im not sure how that would work out probably strip the wax and I would wash the car asap if I did use it on the paint.

Ive had a small amount on my rims(clear coated) before and was using 3m adhesive remover at the time to remove some wheel weights, it took the tar off as well. Using it on the paint im not sure how that would work out probably strip the wax and I would wash the car asap if I did use it on the paint.

3M Adhesive Remover is safe for paint and as long as you don't buff hard when you wipe, you can pretty much get away with re-applying your sealant/wax when you are done. Although clay and then some FMP after you get it off would be best, then apply your protection.

How about concrete road spray?? Friends car has it on the fender liners (plasitc), trim (plastic) and fender wells (painted).....I have no clue how to get it off!

There is a product on the market that is designed to remove concrete from paint. But you can also try distilled white vinegar - 50/50 with water first, and if that does not work try it full strength. Rinse and repeat if needed.

Diesel and a hair dryer! Hair dryer is not a must, but the more you can re-liquify it, the better the diesel will work. Also at work we use an orange product. I will look tomorrow and update my post with the name of it.