Customer Service 866.965.0400

microfiber favorites for various tasks?

hemi1300

Question

what are your favorite micro fiber towels, and for which task? Always find myself picking up micro's from auto stores thinking "this should work great" and get home and their worthless. So far have accumulated a few adams towels and i love them. WW towels work perfect for waterless wash, glass cleaning towels work great, great white drying towel-still not too sure if i like it or not. Absorber's i used to use seem to leave the car more spotless-any tips for using the GW drying towel? Just ordered a few single soft towels, hopefully they work well too. Curious what your towels are for detail spray, and removing waxes/polishes. Only towels i have found at the store that i like are bulk packs of micro fibers at sams club. More like a utility micro fiber, but they seem to work great for everything. Hoping the single soft adams towels work great for ds, wax and polish removal, brilliant glaze-hopefully my new go to towel for misc tasks on the paint lol

5 answers to this question

:willy: get rid of that absorber! They can grab dirt and swirl up your paint. I have never had a issue with a great white drying towel drying a whole car especially if I use the pooling method prior to doing my wipe down. Additionally I have used just about every microfiber towel you can imagine. I have not found any other towels on the market that perform as well as the Adams line of towels. I use single softs for detail spray, double softs for polishing and multipurpose towels for door jambs, wheels, and interior. Great whites for drying (with a metro sidekick) , and glass towels for the glass (and my extensive Oakley sunglasses collection). :D

via Tapatalk on my Galaxy Slll

Yeah, don't use the absorber anymore, just on the wheels to dry them off. Have read some people using 2 great white's, maybe that would work better for me. One for the bulk of the water and then a second for the final wipe down. Just seems sometimes it leaves small streaks/spots, especially on glass, and I find myself detail spraying the whole car after a wash to get rid of all the small streaks and spots

As Ryan said, try the pooling rinse. I only use one GWDT to dry off my Frontier, and it is barely wet when I finish. I use the pool rinse, then the Sidekick to get the water out of the "holding" areas (before I had the Sidekick I used the wash mitt to soak up the water from drip rails, etc.). Then I spritz the windows with DS and dry them (one side at a time), then do each side of the body using the spritz and wipe method. Finish with the hood and windshield.

Great white drying towels, the blue waffle weaves, and the single soft micros. :thumbsup:

:iagree: These are my favorite towels too.

I will also use the double soft towels when using the PC for buffing/removing wax or sealant, but when not using a machine for this purpose (most of the time) I will use the single soft towels.

If working on a car that is particularly dirty I will also use the utility towel for door jambs, engine compartments and wheels (instead of using a blue waffle weave/waterless wash towels).

:cheers: