Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sealant Applicator Re-Use

teamcrossworks

Question

14 answers to this question

I would buy a spare personally but thats just me. Your talking mixing a sealant and carnuba doesnt sound good to me. Ive used the same applicator for buttery and bg

Doesn't sound so bad either but I personally use separate applicators.

Sealant and wax mix like water and oil on applicator pads.

I have seperate applicators for all my products even though I wash them after every use. I just can't get all the wax, sealant or BG out of the pads. I too mark the Hex Grip part of the applicators as to which product they're intended for.

Sure, just clean it with APC & let air dry!:thumbsup:

However it is nice to have a spare......

Or 3 or 4.. Some of us tend to have Droptheapplicatiorits on occasion and well if it hits the ground its not touching the vehicle again.

I have 4 now, 1 for each and 2 backups.

How do you guys typically care for your pads? simple as wash in all purpose cleaner?

Just got done doing my first quick sealant application ever and while the pad looks clean still, whats the way to clean it, the fine hand polish pad, brilliant glaze, americana pads?

How do you guys typically care for your pads? simple as wash in all purpose cleaner?

Just got done doing my first quick sealant application ever and while the pad looks clean still, whats the way to clean it, the fine hand polish pad, brilliant glaze, americana pads?

:hi:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/machine-polishing/13171.htm

Foam pads, applicators, and accessories all get the same treatment... hand wash with APC:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmF8PtFz9H4]Adam's Polishes Vol. 8 - Chapter 20 - Cleaning Detail Accessories - YouTube[/ame]

I personally (like others) like to designate apps for specific uses... so I use a sharpie to mark the back of mine with "Q" for quick sealant "A" for americana "B" for brilliant glaze. I even have one marked "QW" thats my dedicated quick sealant for wheels app.

Theres nothing wrong with using the same app for multiple products so long as its cleaned completely after each use, but being that detailing is so much an OCD type hobby it ususally manifests itself in ways like this :D