Customer Service 866.965.0400

How often does your windshield 'fog' up?

Coderedpl

Question

I searched a bit but the terms I've used seem to be too short to find a decent answer. I cleaned my windshield on the interior a few weeks ago and recently noticed that it has some sort of a "layer" on it, during certain temperatures, thats exactly where it fogs up so i guess ill cal it the fog layer.

Under certain angles in the sun you can also see it there. A quick wipe will actually get rid of it but I figured i'll ask, any idea as to why it happens in such a way? I guess maybe through the use of the AC on and off and having windows open?

15 answers to this question

How old are the cars? On newer vehicles for at least the first year (sometimes more) the panels will continue to gas out leaving a film on the windshield, especially in high heat and sun exposure conditions.

I only have my car for about 3 months now, build date isn't that far off, April I believe, so that would make sense.

No big deal, just need to wipe it down more often.

My daily driver still gets the haze/film on the windows, requiring cleaning once a month, and the car is now over 3 years old!

:(

Ditto! It takes longer than when new, but my G8 gets it pretty badly.

It's bad right now and I just haven't had the time to get at it. :(

Here's a trick that's worked for me. After cleaning the glass with Adam's glass cleaner and his microfiber glass cleaning towels I go back over the glass again with a single soft microfiber towel, almost buffing the glass with the single soft. If time permits I'll buff the glass with a single soft again the following day.

I know it seems like overkill and a lot of extra work, but my glass seems to stay cleaner longer if I'm able to complete the above. I'd rather do this than a weekly cleaning of the glass.

That's pollution build up on the inside of your glass. Comes in through your vents. Sure, laminated windshield glass, can out-gas inside that first year, but after that, it's all pollution.

I get it here usually this time of year, and again in the spring.

I've noticed it occurs more when you have the windows down more often. At least that's my experience with my car and truck.

I drive with my windows down a lot but it doesn't

happen that often vs when they are closed.

Here's a trick that's worked for me. After cleaning the glass with Adam's glass cleaner and his microfiber glass cleaning towels I go back over the glass again with a single soft microfiber towel, almost buffing the glass with the single soft. If time permits I'll buff the glass with a single soft again the following day.

I know it seems like overkill and a lot of extra work, but my glass seems to stay cleaner longer if I'm able to complete the above. I'd rather do this than a weekly cleaning of the glass.

I'll try this next time I clean it . Which will probably be today.

You guys all need to stop smoking in your vehicles! :jester:

Have never smoked, not planning on it either.

No-one is permitted to smoke in any of my cars. Hell, if you JUST finish smoking i dont like it either. Want to smoke? Step away a few feet from my car and make sure the wind doesn't blow my direction.

Yea, i'm picky.