Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where Have I Been?

70'sChevyGirl

As a few of you may have noticed, I have been MIA for a short time.

My husband had shoulder surgery to re-attach 2 muscles and they also removed some arthritis. Men are babies when they don't feel go so I was trying to be the Good Wife and I am taking care of him. offtobed.gif

He will be off work for another 6-8 weeks. connie_escapejar.gif

I have also been working full time and I have been trying to put together 2 bids that are both over a Million Dollars. Line Item bidding which I hate with a passion. All Government documents and one I have to finish today. _thud_green.gif

Now for some GOOD news! 1sm088doubleup.gif

My cars are all nicely detailed for the winter. Did I say "winter"? :help:

Now for some BETTER news! jay.gif

I have entered quite a few contests since January 2012 and I have actually won at least 6 times that I know of. Nice prizes.

Here is my GREAT news :banana: I was first contacted by email from a company stating I had one a prize and they needed my address so they could send out some forms for me to fill out. They came Fed Ex and also had a return Fed Ex so I could send the documents back to them. The documents were Affidavits stating I had no affiliation with any of the Sponsors of the Contest. I also had to fill out travel information for myself and my husband. This contest was offering many prizes such as free surf lesson, hats, suntan lotion packages and some other stuff but the Grand Prize was a trip to Maui, Hawaii!!

I had a phone call two days ago that rang in as 9999999 so of course I didn't answer it. This girl Sara called to inform me that I WON THE GRAND PRIZE!!!!!!!!!BunnyYellowJumpsClear.gif

This trip is all expenses paid. Air, rental car for 7 days, hotel and many excursions: Zip Lining, Going to the Top of the highest point in Maui and watching the sunrise and then you ride a bike all the back down, Luau, surfing with a Pro Surfer Dude, $500 cash.

I have to call her and give her 3 different dates we are interested in so that we can hook up with the surf pro. Cool, isn't it?? smiley_spinning.gif

If any of you have any information on Maui that you would like to share then feel free to let me know everything. Is there any certain thing or place that I don't want to miss? I will have the rental car so getting around will not be a problem. :2thumbs:

:hi:

Congrats! My wife an I got married on a beach on Maui. It's a beautiful place.

Most of the "Must-do" things are well know... go to the top of Haleakala, drive the road to Hana, etc. I used to live on the Big Island (Kona side) and have been back to Hawaii many times. My best advice is just to take it easy, don't try to pack in too much, and really let yourself slow down and take in the calm.

Have a blast! :2thumbs:

And then get your tucus back to work around here... do you have any idea how hard it is for me to keep the Chris's, Rich, Mook, and everyone else in line? :willy: Sheesh!!!

I've been to Maui twice and LOVE IT! Try to spend some cash and take a flight over to Oahu and tour Pearl Harbor... TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!! Also take the road to Hana, but see if there's a guided tour you can jump in on. The road is HAIRY to say the least... Down right scary in some places.

Also, I come from the school of thought that says "if it's too good to be true..." so PLEASE do NOT give them any credit card info, bank account info, or SS numbers if they ask.

Sounds like a blast!

Chris

Edited by Chewy

If you really want to see your husband cry., pick a date he is still banged up. Congratulations!

:lol::lol::lol: I have had many volunteers so far.

Rich, One of the excursions we get to go on is the bike tour to the top of Haleakala to watch the sun rise. That should be neat. We get a ride up to the top and ride bikes on the way back down. That should be neat.

The pro surfer that they are hooking us up with is Dave Kalama (whoever that is?)

What is this Hana? Do you think it would be too scary for me to drive the road?? Is there guardrails??

Chewy, They haven't asked for any type of personal information other than my name and address. :2thumbs:

The contest that I entered was on Facebook and it was called the Schick Hydro Hawaiian Adventure Sweepstakes. This is the third contest that I have won off FB. I also won a $500 Prepaid Visa and a pic of mine made into a metal piece of artwork to hang on my wall. :banana::jester:

Two things about Maui (well, really Hawaii in general)

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters.

Bring your credit cards, you'll need them even with most things paid for!

PS, check out the Grand Wailea if you can - can't wait to go back.

Wow, you have had a lot going on!

For your Hawaii trip, if you do a helicopter ride and if you like photography, then I would recommend that you do one of the helicopter rides withOUT doors. The plexi-glass on the doors adds glare to just about every shot and ruins the pics (even if you use a polarizer).

:cheers:

Sorry to hear about your husband Hope he has a speedy recovery.Congratulations!

If you have time to hit Oahu Go to Pearl Harbor Was there in July and visited Pearl Harbor for first time and it was a humbling words do no justice experience.:patriot:

Hana is "original" Maui. A small remote town with black sand beach and undeveloped. Paradise Enjoy yourself and like someone else mentioned, The husband better be super nice to you while you take care of him or you could always book it when the Dr says no traveling.;) Congratulations again on winning!

Darn girl, my wife entered that contest as well. Glad to know that someone actually wins these things. Congratulations! I was in Hawaii in the 60's, but have never been able to go back. I imagine it's one heck of a lot different now. Enjoy the beauty. Try to do a luau at least once.

Glad you're back........for a little while at least. :2thumbs:

If you take the road to Hana I highly recommend buying the Hana CD, it's sold at a Shell Station on the way. Google Hana CD, Shell Station and you will find where to buy it. Just be certain your rental car has a CD player, then enjoy the self-guided tour. Also be certain to eat at Mamas Fish House.

My husband had shoulder surgery to re-attach 2 muscles and they also removed some arthritis. Men are babies when they don't feel go so I was trying to be the Good Wife and I am taking care of him. offtobed.gif

:hi:

The wife is going to have her turn with shoulder surgery in October. In regards to your comment about men are babies when they don't feel good, I had to laugh. I typically just sleep it off, and don't ask for anything. Just to be left alone.

Congratulations on winning the prize. One thing I would recommend is don't use your "debit card" over there. Credit cards only. I was in Hawaii a couple years ago and I have a Marriott Rewards card that I had just gotten prior to the trip and hadn't used a whole lot so I was able to track back where it was compromised. Come to find out the place that we stayed at someone had hacked into their computer system and got several CC numbers. We got a phone call at home asking if we had made a $1700 dollar purchase at Saks 5th Avenue in Atlanta, GA.

Darn girl, my wife entered that contest as well. Glad to know that someone actually wins these things.

Rich,

Tell Darlene that all are not scams and I guess I am a proven fact of that. :thumbsup:

I actually couldn't believe it myself. I didn't answer my phone because I have selective answering. :lol::lol:

When I listened to my VM I was totally shocked. I saved the message and took my phone outside so that my husband could listen to it. I said "see if you think the same as I do when you listen to this message". He listened and was like Holy Bejesus. You won the Grand Prize!! swirling_smiley.gif