Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing pad

Cjbarton

Question

Im going to be detailing my sisters Jetta tomorrow and friday. I have class in the morning and am going to be starting in the afternoon around 2:00 so i assume i wont be able to finish the full correction process within the time given.

What is the best way to store the pads to be able to use them the next day? If i wash them they wont have a sufficient amount of time to complete dry. Is it okay to just leave them with polish in them over night and pick back up where I left off the day before or should I clean them and allow them to fully dry before starting again?

BTW, i only have one set of pads, more pads are on my next order.

Thanks C.J.

10 answers to this question

You should clean them after every use, however I have heard of guys putting the pads in a plastic bag & store them in the fridge overnight, but I can't speak first hand if it will work or not.:xfingers:

It works ok enough! Make sure to clean out the pad as much as you can with the Pad Conditioning Brush prior to bagging (one end open) and sticking that puppy in the fridge!

Chris, how many cups of coffee you on? It's 11 your time.

I do the pad in the fridge thing, sometimes for a week or more at a time. I spritz them with DS, place them in a Zip-Loc type bag zipped shut and leave them until I'm ready to start on the next panel. I've never had any issue or problem with this.

Like Mook stated: clean the polish residue out as best as you can with a conditioning brush first.