Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brand New Jetta, Help Needed!

Dv3andrs

Question

Hello all! I have a brand new Jetta SE, it's the candy white and the dealership did the one thing that drives me up the wall the most...They put the price sticker down the side of the car. Once we finished the initial paperwork and got us approved for the lease, they took it to their detail guys and had them go to work on it. They did a reasonable job, but you can still see the outlines of where the stickers were on some parts of the car. (pictures below) They washed and detailed it once and then realized they still didn't get it all, so they went back and tried again. I think they applied a coat of machine wax of sorts and then made the second attempt over that...any ideas on how to remove this stuff? My initial thought it wash with shampoo/all purpose cleaner, follow that up with some detail spray/clay bar, and then maybe some swirl and haze? Not fully sure though. Thanks for the help and suggestions!

post-3452-136818086178_thumb.jpg

post-3452-136818086186_thumb.jpg

post-3452-136818086194_thumb.jpg

post-3452-1368180862_thumb.jpg

post-3452-136818086204_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

Have you tried pure apc? Just dont let it dry on the paint, i used it to get rid of sticker residue on a car i just detailed with a utility towel. Following up with a clay bar with medium pressure should get out the stuff embedded in the paint.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Actually, it's a bug that just happened to get in the picture. I'm going to tackle this today, I'm going to wash it so I can strip all the stuff they put on it off, then i'll go to town with the clay bar and see if that helps, if not, then i'll probably try the goof off as mentioned above, i just need to find the water based version. I'll update later today then! Thanks for the advice!

And Rich, So far I love the thing! It's like a little go cart compared to the giant truck I was driving. I was trying to get the manual version, but my wife liked the car a ton and didn't want to have to learn how to drive a manual before getting the chance to drive it.

Oh, and congrats on the Jetta. :2thumbs:

And Rich, So far I love the thing! It's like a little go cart compared to the giant truck I was driving. I was trying to get the manual version, but my wife liked the car a ton and didn't want to have to learn how to drive a manual before getting the chance to drive it.

Our local VW dealer had a diesel Jetta w/manual transmission that was there the longest time...until I showed interest in it and drove it...gone the next day!!

Now hopefully that Sportwagen TDI will still be there manana. :xfingers:

5884356855.jpg

BTW:

The couple that saves together stays together: Couple sets fuel efficiency record in Passat TDI - Think Blue - VW.com

Edited by sportredmistress