Customer Service 866.965.0400

How many vehicles...

eleven357

Question

13 answers to this question

Well, if your sampling is of all vehicles, then I agree that the overwhelming majority do not get clayed. And that's even if you throw out service/commercial vehicles. However, if you sample the higher end of the spectrum, I think the needle might move a little...but still, I dont think it is common beyound detailing enthusiasts. I have read posts on here about demos with ppl who think their vehicles are spotless and clean only to be astonished when the plastic bag test is used.

I think that it's sad to look at a junkyard or abandoned car lot and think that at one time, each and every one of those cars had been brought home, fawned over, loved; the owner invited the neighbors over to see it and made everyone in the office come down to the parking lot and check it out... and then life goes on, and the bumps, scratches, bird droppings, scrapes, etc slowly add up. The bumpers chip, the paint fades, the seats get a tear, and before you know it the car is just a car. Then it needs CV joints and a gasket or two and it becomes a liability. And eventually that loved car, that former piece of pride and happiness gets towed away away on the end of a rusty hook.

Only a very low percentage get the kind of care and attention that it takes to make them into survivors.

I did my G/F's Saturn last year for it's first time! Guess you could say I busted it's clay hymen huh? lol

It looked SO much better when it was done too.

I asked her how many times she had waxed it.

I about passed out with her answer.

"Every time I had it washed I paid extra for the hot wax." :lolsmack:

Edited by Chewy

I own a Z06, Dodge Dakota SLT and my wifes Toyota Camry XLE and all get clay barred twice annually. Anyone that's willing to listen I show the importance of using a clay bar. :2thumbs:

Most I talk to however have never heard of a clay bar....:( :( :(