Customer Service 866.965.0400

What do you REALLY need

LarryR

Question

Ok, I've been doing my research in anticipation of a new car purchase with delivery in Spring 2013. I've got a big challenge in that I'm buying a black 2013 Challenger SRT8 and I live on a dirt road. Some of you here (I'm sure) have seen some of my other posts. Here's the question......would I be best served by purchasing the Ultimate Flex kit or purchasing a few of the lessor kits since this will be a new car not necessarily in need of extensive paint restoration. Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance y'all care to provide. :hi:

11 answers to this question

I was going to suggest at the very least you go ahead and buy Detail Spray and Waterless Wash by the gallon, along with the essentials for a 2 bucket wash. But if you can afford to buy everything at once, the Ultimate Flex Kit will serve you well. I guarantee there's nothing in there that you won't use. As mentioned in the Adam's videos, even brand new cars can benefit from clay/polish right off the bat. Even if you get your car straight off the truck before "dealer prep," it has still picked up contaminants in transit.

Also, I have yet to see a post on this forum where someone complained about buying too much of any of the products.:thumbsup:

Edited by Redbeard

Great advice guys, thanks! I've been leaning toward the Ultimate Flex kit, but never having been into detailing I just was'n't sure I needed everything that comes with it. And yes Chris, I have considered a different color and keep coming back to black (actually it's called Phantom black tri-coat pearl). I was thinking I'll be keeping a couple of towels and the waterless wash in the car to knock off the dust once I hit pavement when taking her out. I know it's going to be a pain but this is, in all likelihood, the only time I'll be able to get a "fun" car for myself, so I'm getting exactly what I want (including the color).

Edited by LarryR

Ok, I've been doing my research in anticipation of a new car purchase with delivery in Spring 2013. I've got a big challenge in that I'm buying a black 2013 Challenger SRT8 and I live on a dirt road. Some of you here (I'm sure) have seen some of my other posts. Here's the question......would I be best served by purchasing the Ultimate Flex kit or purchasing a few of the lessor kits since this will be a new car not necessarily in need of extensive paint restoration. Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance y'all care to provide. :hi:

Larry, It might be cheaper and easier to just move! Think about all the time and money you'll spend keeping it clean!! I'm just sayin!!:lolsmack:

Larry, It might be cheaper and easier to just move! Think about all the time and money you'll spend keeping it clean!! I'm just sayin!!:lolsmack:

:lol: You're probably right Brian! Eventually I'll get around to that but in the mean time I'm thinking I'll be able to take GREAT solace in the fact that no matter how dirty my new baby will get ADAMS will be there to make it easier for me to fight the good fight! :2thumbs:

Honestly I wouldn't buy black as its unreal how hard they are to keep clean. I just waxed a black car in a clean garage with no drafts or fans on. By the time I got to the end the front of the car where I wiped the wax off of first was already dusty. It pisses me off for sure but if your not that fussy which I doubt as your on this forum then black would be alright.

Yea, they look so nice until you pull it outside. I couldn't imagine on a dirt road, no joke that thing would need to be washed every single drive but go for it, I won't tell you what to buy just be prepared I guess and don't let the dealer wash it if your ordering.

Yeah, black doesn't let you hide anything, but it's a labor of love. It's so rewarding when you get it shined up. I often get comments like, "truck looks great, did you just wash it?" even when I'm disgusted by the coat of dust on it. The key is to maintain the finish, and it will always be shinier than most and easier to clean.:glasses: