Customer Service 866.965.0400

2006 Trailblazer SS Detail

JBlack151

Well after the dramatic experience my TBSS dealt with last week which I shared in this thread I felt it was a perfect time to give her some much needed attention and get everything cleaned up before the winter.

The rain ended before sunrise and the forecast was going to be absolutely amazing with clear skies and temps in the high 60's. You can't ask for much better conditions in late October here in New England.

I'll start off with some of the before shots captured. I had washed her a week prior with a coat of Brilliant Glaze however we had rain almost everyday since then.

DSC_0454_zps253e62e6.jpg

DSC_0455_zps669d94de.jpg

DSC_0456_zpse76a6c1e.jpg

DSC_0457_zpsc7b1a544.jpg

There was a lot of grime built up from driving thru those rainy conditions and these were the areas I needed to attend to (along with others I did not photograph) before winterizing everything on the exterior.

DSC_0462_zps671e7848.jpg

The last time I did a full correction on the paint was back in early June and Machine Super Sealant was used for the sealant. Overall the Machine Super Sealant held up very well as you can see in these photos taken just before I started the strip wash.

DSC_0458_zps32ab12d0.jpg

DSC_0459_zpsd2024300.jpg

DSC_0460_zpse4987950.jpg

As you've all read thru my past details, the products used are strictly Adam's Polishes, and nothing else. Here's some shots of everything getting put together for the work ahead.

DSC_0463_zpsf65e98b4.jpg

DSC_0465_zpsc2057e11.jpg

DSC_0466_zpsa93a2e4b.jpg

First item on the list was to tackle the wheels, tires and fender wells. Thanks to the arsenal of Adam's products this task is always a breeze. I started off using the All Purpose Cleaner with the foam sprayer on the tires and gave them a good scrubbing with the Fender & Tire Brush. I also used the brush to address the dirt on the fender wells as well.

DSC_0474_zps5562b320.jpg

Next was to address the dirt on the inside of the barrels. For this I like to use some All Purpose Cleaner with the standard sprayer and some Green Wheel Cleaner. From there it was time to bust out the amazing Wheel Woolies and work the initial process with the larger Woolie.

DSC_0467_zpsf8bc123e.jpg

To get in the tighter spots behind the wheel I used the medium Woolie.

DSC_0473_zps4950c321.jpg

Now it was time to move on to the front of the rims. A good spray of the Green Wheel Cleaner and Boulder Blonde Boars Hair Wheel Brush along with the Trim & Lugnut Brush.

DSC_0469_zps96716234.jpg

DSC_0472_zps8f7c5901.jpg

After hosing everything off with the Commerical Grade Car Wash Hose it was time to inspect the tires to make sure the rubber is nice and clean. Yessss, that it looking good right there!

DSC_0476_zpsd2cc55c2.jpg

Now it was time to get busy washing my baby with the always fantastic Car Wash Shampoo, 2 Buckets with Grit Guard and caddy, Ultimate Merino Wool Wash Mitt, and Professional Car Wash Pad.

DSC_0477_zpse2288e29.jpg

DSC_0478_zps92e5cc06.jpg

DSC_0479_zpse2573482.jpg

DSC_0480_zpsf60a1eb3.jpg

After a good wash and scrub of the paint it was time to dry everything off with the Great White Microfiber Drying Towel & Blaster Sidekick Dryer by MetroVac.

DSC_0483_zpscbc3b698.jpg

DSC_0482_zpscf56028d.jpg

Once the entire truck was dry I applied some Super VRT Tire and Trim Dressing with Hex Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator on to the freshly cleaned tires.

DSC_0484_zps630147d4.jpg

DSC_0486_zpsdbed7eaa.jpg

The one thing that bothers me the most is seeing a nice clean vehicle with dirty fender wells. Especially when it's one of my vehicles. No wash or detail ever goes by without an application of Invisible Undercarriage Spray followed by a quick once over with a Foam Block Applicator to even everything out.

DSC_0487_zpsc48f9ab7.jpg

DSC_0488_zpsb4fd0fdb.jpg

Now that the entire truck was washed, and all the wheels, tires and fender wells were addressed it was time to move on to the Clay Bar with Detail Spray.

DSC_0490_zps88e0b0a1.jpg

It was time to get busy polishing. I did a close inspection to the paint in the sunlight and found a good amount of swirls on the fenders and on the pillars. I set up the Flex XC 3401 for all the larger panels and the Porter Cable 7424 XP which I have dedicated to using with the 4" Focus Pads to get onto the smaller areas.

DSC_0491_zps479ecad1.jpg

Here are some of the conditions I was able to capture with the camera on the front right fender. Oh boy, that looks bad. Gotta love black paint!

DSC_0489_zpsf804bbef.jpg

After a good round of Swirl & Haze Remover followed by Fine Machine Polish it was satisfied with the results. This is the same front right fender after.

DSC_0492_zps13c84903.jpg

Next it was time to apply Revive Polish with a BLUE Hex Grip Applicator.

DSC_0493_zpsbca8520a.jpg

The back bumper plate was looking exhausted so I threw a coat of In & Out Spray on there and knocked it down with a Utility Microfiber Towel.

DSC_0494_zpsbbc118ab.jpg

50/50

DSC_0495_zpsc2b46865.jpg

DSC_0496_zps2d1a97e0.jpg

Last item on the list for this day was going to be an application of Quick Sealant with an Americana Premium Wax & Glaze Applicator.

DSC_0497_zpse9da6779.jpg

Here are the shots after the first days work was completed. I could of completed the remaining steps, however I had a hot date wth the wifey for a good dinner. :D

DSC_0498_zpsb2d5da0c.jpg

DSC_0499_zpseee3de68.jpg

DSC_0500_zps91cf1bbd.jpg

DSC_0501_zps6beedbf4.jpg

DSC_0502_zps7ccdeda7.jpg

DSC_0503_zpsf1b85231.jpg

DSC_0504_zpsbcbda52b.jpg

DSC_0505_zpsc2886067.jpg

DSC_0506_zps7344de7f.jpg

DSC_0508_zps8b4b51cb.jpg

DSC_0509_zps3ddb0ad7.jpg

DSC_0510_zpseda3726d.jpg

DSC_0515_zpsb72e77b3.jpg

I started Day 2 off with a full Waterless Wash with a few Waterless Wash Waffle Towels before I got started with the last few steps. Then it was on to one of my favorite products in the Adam's fleet.......Brilliant Glaze. Like Dylan has said before, and I agree with him on this, "If I loved this stuff anymore I would have to leave my wife!" :lol:

After a round of Brilliant Glaze it was time to move on with the icing on the cake. A nice application of the always amazing, Americana Paste Wax.

So let's move on to the final shots!

DSC_0516_zps9750b05b.jpg

DSC_0517_zps421a8719.jpg

DSC_0519_zps88007b0c.jpg

DSC_0520_zpscd90fd1d.jpg

DSC_0521_zps3128254a.jpg

DSC_0522_zps55dbdcfb.jpg

DSC_0524_zps8b07fb1a.jpg

Gotta love the fall in New England!

DSC_0525_zps5abd8ba2.jpg

DSC_0527_zps5edc3fe5.jpg

Okay, that is all I got. I think this thread was more exhausting to put together than it was to detail the truck! Thanks to everyone for checking it out, and THANK YOU to everyone at Adam's Polishes for making it possible. :2thumbs:

Edited by JBlack151

I like to use the Revive as a good paint cleanser after FMP. Yes it may be overkill, however it was my time, with my SS so I wanted to bring out the best in the paint. Plus Revive has no real cut so I find the cleansing part really does it's job after FMP.

Amazing detail as always John. I think you sold me on the Undercarriage Spray. It's a night and day difference. Will have to get some on my next order.

You'll wonder how you lived without it! Especially considering the color of your Jeep and wheels.

Could you use revive on the fine machine polish pad and do the whole car with that, or does it have to be done by hand

This should give you the answer you're looking for.....

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/machine-polishing/18346.htm

However remember Revive is meant to be a hand polish most of all. So I like to keep that way,

Thanks for all the awesome comments guys!

A cool thing just happened. I pulled up to Dunkin Donuts to grab my morning pumpkin coffee and pulling into the parking lot in front of me was another black TBSS. We parked next to each other and we began to recognize each others love for these trucks. He replies with.......

"Your truck is so clean. It looked like a rolling black box of mirrors when you pulled up!"

That was an awesome compliment to receive! :D

Thanks for all the awesome comments guys!

A cool thing just happened. I pulled up to Dunkin Donuts to grab my morning pumpkin coffee and pulling into the parking lot in front of me was another black TBSS. We parked next to each other and we began to recognize each others love for these trucks. He replies with.......

"Your truck is so clean. It looked like a rolling black box of mirrors when you pulled up!"

That was an awesome compliment to receive! :D

If I had a black TBSS, I'd be sick if you parked next to mine.:bow:

But that's a great calling card for your skills and Adam's products!