Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gotta have it green

blick05SS

Question

Ok fellas just wanted a general sensus from everyone on this. I am taking delivery on my 2013 mustang tonight and this weekend i plan on getting it adamized and was curious on a brand new car what should i do? I was thinking wash sealant glaze and either buttery or americana but my real question is should i clay bar as well?

16 answers to this question

Ok fellas just wanted a general sensus from everyone on this. I am taking delivery on my 2013 mustang tonight and this weekend i plan on getting it adamized and was curious on a brand new car what should i do? I was thinking wash sealant glaze and either buttery or americana but my real question is should i clay bar as well?

a lot of times cars collect particles on the surface like rail dust from when it was transported to the dealer.

• 1st step would be a strip wash of APC and car shampoo to get rid of any waxes/sealants/glazes the dealer "installed" on the paint.
  • next do the baggie test seen in the Adam's clay bar instructional video to determine if it needs to be clayed.
  • if it needs to be clayed, always follow that up with a polishing step. the amount of polishing needed will be determined by how many swirls the dealer "installed" and how perfect you want it to be.
  • then your safe to add the sealant/glaze/wax of your choice; in that order ;)

I would clay it just because you don't know what kind of contaminants may be on the car from the delivery and sitting on the lots. You may also have to polish since there is a good chance the car was washed improperly by someone before. You'd be surprised how some new cars are treated before the first owner takes possession. Give it a good inspection in the sunlight to confirm.

From there sealants would be a great choice followed by your preffered last step products like BG and Buttery or Americana.

Congrats on your new ride!

Yea while i was inside signing paper work they had a black shelby gt500 on the floor and i almost cried at the scratches and swirls from people just wiping it off. I wanted to grab my bag and show it the TLC it deserved it was all sorts of messed up

Also thanks for the info guys i just wasnt sure how far to take it this weekend but now i know what i have in store for it.

Awesome car congrats! I was looking at those in the Boss livery. I'd like one, but I'm not sure it's the best DD for me. It's between the Mustang, SHO, and the Chevy SS. The SS is a HUGE bag of fog right now. I have NO idea how it'll be priced.

Chris

Tell the dealer not to freaking TOUCH the car. My grabber blue 12 came with a ton of dealer installed swirls. GHIG shows swirls pretty well too, especially in the sun. The good news is, once corrected the paint looks amazing in the sun with all that flake. Even though new, I'm with everyone else. You're gonna have to:

Strip wash

Clay Bar

Polish as needed

Machine Seal

Glaze

Americana

Then prepare for Raiders of the Lost Arc.

UN fortunately they do not ship the cars from the factory to your doorstep in a closed container.. only Lamborghini does that. Lol..

The car will sit outside of the plant for several days or weeks before they get loaded on the train.. then dropped to the storage lot.. for a few days then on a Cottrell car carrier to the dealership. The dealer will take off the shipping plastic and wash it.. with a sponge and whatever is around.. if they don't drive it through an octopus car wash...

So.. get the car.. do a full wash using Adam's shampoo. Detail the wheels. Then do what was mentioned earlier.. the quick detail plastic bag test. Spray detailer on the hood, rub your hand in a plastic bag over the paint.. softly.. if it feels like sand paper.. clay bar..

All honestly, clay bar would not be a bad idea anyway. The plant will have over spray, air born contamination, and just the storage lots would be enough to "stain" the paint...

Keep us posted and post pics!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2