Customer Service 866.965.0400

2014 Silverado/Sierra Debut

Z71_Denali

Yeah you can already get 0% and $3k cash back on the 2013's and its only going to get better over the next couple months.

As much as I love not having a vehicle payment It is very tempting to trade in both my Tahoe and Silverado and buy a 2013 2500 CC with the DMax especially if they have some good deals. A 1500 CC with the 6.2 might not be too bad either.

As far as the ne GM trucks go. I really like the look of the GMC, I think the Chevy may have a little too much chrome but I am a huge fan of color matching. I think the interiors are a little different and will take some getting use too, but they are packed with Technology and should be pretty sweet.

As far as engines go, the rumros are that the new 4.3L V6 will have over 300hp and should get better MPG's and be able to tow as much as the current 5.3L, So i think it might sell pretty well.

The 5.3L is rumored to be around 350hp and should be just as capable and get as good of MPG's as the Ecoboost. And the 6.2L should hopefully share a lot in common with the new LT1 and hopefully around 450hp

I guess GM is going to be calling these new engines EcoTec3. I think that is really weird, and I think they should be called Vortec just like that have been.

The 2013's will probably have a lot of savings, to clear the lots for the new models. So, I might get a '13 model of a 6.2 GMC or get a Dmax....ahhh the decisions....or just go all out for a brand new 14 GMC Sierra SLT/All-Terrain Crew Cab, can't decide If I wanna get another black truck or get a dark silver color.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 2013's will probably have a lot of savings, to clear the lots for the new models. So, I might get a '13 model of a 6.2 GMC or get a Dmax....ahhh the decisions....or just go all out for a brand new 14 GMC Sierra SLT/All-Terrain Crew Cab, can't decide If I wanna get another black truck or get a dark silver color.

GM rarely ever has good incentives on there HD models which is too bad because I would consider a 2013 Dmax if they offered a huge incentive, like 8000 back or something (that would cover the cost of a Dmax),but they rarely do. Right now you can get $2000 off of a 2500

The HD's wont be out till Q4 2013 so by then there might be some more discounts.

Edited by Diggerdan11

oddly enough i got 2 letters in the mail today from local chevy dealerships saying they want to buy my truck :lol:

You should see what they're offering. But with the aggressive rebates they have on the 2013s now, I can't imagine them giving anything more than normal trade-in value for a late model. GM insists they don't want to go overboard with the rebates, but I keep reading about how overstocked they are on trucks right now, and with the new ones set to appear in the 2nd quarter you have to expect some smokin' deals.

I'm keeping an eye on it, hoping for a way to trade my 2012 for an equivalent 2013 4x4 without getting bent over too badly, but not holding my breath.

You should see what they're offering. But with the aggressive rebates they have on the 2013s now, I can't imagine them giving anything more than normal trade-in value for a late model. GM insists they don't want to go overboard with the rebates, but I keep reading about how overstocked they are on trucks right now, and with the new ones set to appear in the 2nd quarter you have to expect some smokin' deals.

I'm keeping an eye on it, hoping for a way to trade my 2012 for an equivalent 2013 4x4 without getting bent over too badly, but not holding my breath.

nah, i'm holding off until the new one is on showroom floors. i'll probably list mine for sale a month or 2 before i'm ready to buy to see if i get any bites before attempting to make a deal on trade-in. twice I've gone in to 2 different dealerships in Houston with my current truck, and twice i walked out because they wouldn't give me the trade-in value according to KBB and NADA.

twice I've gone in to 2 different dealerships in Houston with my current truck, and twice i walked out because they wouldn't give me the trade-in value according to KBB and NADA.

That's what I was wondering about. I figure they're knocking so much off the new ones, there's no way they'd give you much for yours. It would be hard for them to sell a 2010-newer one for top dollar next to a 2013 with ~$5k off due to rebates.

^ Yeah i would wait till the 8-speeds come out, but who knows how much that will actually increase MPG's

There are also still rumors going around about a smaller diesel in the 1500's and Tahoes/Suburbans, I would have to seriously consider one of those.

that rumor has been floating since '08

4.5L Duramax Diesel | Chevrolet/GMC 1/2 Ton Diesel

and i doubt the 8 speed will affect it more than 1 or 2 mpg's. the current 6 speeds cruise at 1500 rpm on the highway with the 3.08 gears. regardless i'll probably wait at least a few months in case there's any 1st year bugs they need to work out before i decide to get something new.

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

Yeah they put the development of the 4.5L on hold before the bankruptcy, but it was never shut down completly.

Every time someone at GM asks about the baby Duramax, they always say: "just wait, more info to come soon" they never say: "No we are never going to make a small diesel in our trucks"

So as long as they keep saying that, the rumor mill will be running wild

I am no engineer but I would expect the 8 speed tyranny to make some good gains.

We will never be able to compare the tranny directly though. Everything nowadays has tons of new gas saving stuff. Either way it sure beats my tired 4 speed Tahoe

and i doubt the 8 speed will affect it more than 1 or 2 mpg's. the current 6 speeds cruise at 1500 rpm on the highway with the 3.08 gears. regardless i'll probably wait at least a few months in case there's any 1st year bugs they need to work out before i decide to get something new.

Now run a 3.73 or higher and pull the same RPMS at speed while giving you much better pulling grunt down low.

The 8 speed ZF trans is one of the main reasons I'm getting the RAM.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

My '12 with 6 speed and 3.42 gears gets the same mpg as my '03 with a 4 speed and 3.73s. Of course, look at the two side by side and the 07-up trucks are obviously larger. But I'm not excited about an 8 speed because I think the 6 speed shifts too much as it is. But I'm in the camp that would opt for a manual if they'd even offer it.

My '12 with 6 speed and 3.42 gears gets the same mpg as my '03 with a 4 speed and 3.73s. Of course, look at the two side by side and the 07-up trucks are obviously larger. But I'm not excited about an 8 speed because I think the 6 speed shifts too much as it is. But I'm in the camp that would opt for a manual if they'd even offer it.

From the reviews on it, they were worried about the same issues and were amazed to see it wasn't the fact.

It being a ZF designed trans is HUGE for me, plus the dash mounted knob keeps the center console clean and free for other stuff. ! I think I'm going to get the 3.92 gears with the LSD since this truck is going to be a TANK! :(

The reviews on the trans have been favorable in the other vehicles it's in.

I also read that the 6 speed in the trucks is just a 5 speed with different tuning. I'm not sure what that meant.

Chris

• 3 months later...
thought I would bring this thread back after the release of engine #'s and towing

2014 Silverado/Sierra Release 5.3L MPG, Power, Payload and Towing Numbers - PickupTrucks.com News

not sure if I would tow 11,500 lbs with a 5.3!

You get over 10,000 and IMO you're talking diesel territory.

The numbers ARE good, but they are down on HP and TQ over the EB V6 too.

The trucks look MUCH better in person, but that's still a LOT of chrome. Too much for me.

Chris

I'm a little skeptical about that tow rating myself. I guess you could do it every once in a while, but like Chewy said, if I'm pulling 10k+ on a regular basis I'm buying a 3/4 ton truck.

Yawn! IMO

Nothing drastic in change that I feel makes me want to go out and spend money on an already overpriced pickup.

I rather see people scoop up the 13s at a better deal. You are basically getting a 2013 with a couple nice features and new headlights and a lot of chrome plastic.

If you want a loaded model LTZ expect to spend well over 50k .. that's pretty sad IMO for a pickup!

• 5 weeks later...

I won't be buying one (can barely afford my 2012). I like a couple of features like heated steering wheel (can be added to my 2012 but about $4-500 in parts alone). I also like the idea that you can now get a 6 1/2 foot bed in the crew cab. Used to be only able to get it with an extended cab.

I bet after the first year sales bump you will see similar savings end of year like you are seeing now.