Customer Service 866.965.0400

2014 Silverado/Sierra Debut

Z71_Denali

i'm digging the new design so far!

the new V8 engines resemble the new LT1

just saw a pic of the interior with leather appointed dash!!! 'bout time GM

standard 4 wheel disc brakes are back!

alright i'm happy! sign me up for a Denali!

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the Silverado actually. the flush mount doors are nice. as well as a HUGE interior upgrade. Not so much a fan of the extended cab doors opening up like the front doors. Id rather them be the no center post but thats just me. Wheels are an improvement. Projectors are clean looking. I do like the Z71 badge on the front grill but thats the only emblem i liked so far.

I love the Silverado actually. the flush mount doors are nice. as well as a HUGE interior upgrade. Not so much a fan of the extended cab doors opening up like the front doors. Id rather them be the no center post but thats just me. Wheels are an improvement. Projectors are clean looking. I do like the Z71 badge on the front grill but thats the only emblem i liked so far.

agreed, they should've kept the extended cab a reverse door that opens 180 degrees like it does now. that's the only thing i like about the rear of the cab on my truck now!

Good looking trucks. They are a little conservative, more of an evolutionary change than a revolutionary redesign.

I like the GMC grill and headlights better than the Silverado but thats subjective. The interior on the base trucks should get a nice upgrade. My old man just bought a 1 ton Sierra Denalli and I honestly cant imagine a truck being nicer inside than that so we'll see what the higher end trims look like.

Ive fit stuff in the back seat that i couldnt have if there was a door/pillar there.

the heated cloth seats and standard disc brakes are a huge plus. yet i have towed anything though thats tested or maxed out my rear drums.... I love the interior most. Not a fan of the left side of the steering wheel, but love the gauges, and the user interface center.

Looks good. As noted above, the Chevy is pretty conservative. I like the GMC version quite a bit better; it just seems to have more presence. I'm curious to see and touch the interiors; my buddy has a 2010 F150 and the interior in that thing really sets the bar.

The 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500: Revealed! - PickupTrucks.com News

The All-New 2014 GMC Sierra 1500: Revealed! - PickupTrucks.com News

I like 'em, but thankfully not so much that I need to trade my '12 Sierra in already.

My thoughts exactly... I'm sure the interiors and features are all a big upgrade, but the styling isn't so dramatically different (better) than my 2012 that I feel compelled to start planning a trade now.

Agreed with the above comments in regards to GM not doing too much of a drastic style change. With being in the market for a new crew cab this should mean great deals on the 2013 models. I've even found a few 2012 models fully loaded for unbelievable prices. :banana:

Agreed with the above comments in regards to GM not doing too much of a drastic style change. With being in the market for a new crew cab this should mean great deals on the 2013 models. I've even found a few 2012 models fully loaded for unbelievable prices. :banana:

When the 07's came out I picked up a brand new 07 GMC Classic ext cab for under 28k and 0% financing.

When the 14's roll on to the lot it will be the perfect time to pick up the left over 13's or if they do a Classic like they've done in the past.

Cant wait for motor specs:rockon:

I'm sure they'll be impressive on paper, but with all the Torque Management and other electronic nannies GM waters them down with, it just won't feel like 350hp or whatever they'll be rated at.

Of course, that's what aftermarket programming is for.:glasses:

When the 07's came out I picked up a brand new 07 GMC Classic ext cab for under 28k and 0% financing.

When the 14's roll on to the lot it will be the perfect time to pick up the left over 13's or if they do a Classic like they've done in the past.

Yeah you can already get 0% and $3k cash back on the 2013's and its only going to get better over the next couple months.

As much as I love not having a vehicle payment It is very tempting to trade in both my Tahoe and Silverado and buy a 2013 2500 CC with the DMax especially if they have some good deals. A 1500 CC with the 6.2 might not be too bad either.

As far as the ne GM trucks go. I really like the look of the GMC, I think the Chevy may have a little too much chrome but I am a huge fan of color matching. I think the interiors are a little different and will take some getting use too, but they are packed with Technology and should be pretty sweet.

As far as engines go, the rumros are that the new 4.3L V6 will have over 300hp and should get better MPG's and be able to tow as much as the current 5.3L, So i think it might sell pretty well.

The 5.3L is rumored to be around 350hp and should be just as capable and get as good of MPG's as the Ecoboost. And the 6.2L should hopefully share a lot in common with the new LT1 and hopefully around 450hp

I guess GM is going to be calling these new engines EcoTec3. I think that is really weird, and I think they should be called Vortec just like that have been.

Looks good. As noted above, the Chevy is pretty conservative. I like the GMC version quite a bit better; it just seems to have more presence. I'm curious to see and touch the interiors; my buddy has a 2010 F150 and the interior in that thing really sets the bar.

that's what they were going towards now. they want the Silverado to be a "working man's" or "blue collar" truck and the Sierra to be the "Supervisor/Superintendent" or "White Collar" truck

The 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500: Revealed! - PickupTrucks.com News

The All-New 2014 GMC Sierra 1500: Revealed! - PickupTrucks.com News

I like 'em, but thankfully not so much that I need to trade my '12 Sierra in already.

My thoughts exactly... I'm sure the interiors and features are all a big upgrade, but the styling isn't so dramatically different (better) than my 2012 that I feel compelled to start planning a trade now.

very true, i was extremely tempted to trade mine in for several months so i could have a crew cab, but knew the next year would be a new design so i held out. we have plans to be "expecting" pretty soon so i gotta get that extra space beforehand :)

2014 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra First Look - Motor Trend

about damn time that got rid of the dreaded 10 bolt 8.5 rear end for the v8s and now looks like the 9.5 is standard, "All engines are backed by a six-speed automatic, and larger 9.50 and 9.76-inch rear axles on V-8 models enable towing increases to match the improved torque outputs."

I was just looking these over since I'm getting something in the spring. I'm sorry, but these do nothing for me. I guess it'll be the Ram. I'm sure these will be great trucks, but it doesn't make me want to own one when I look at it.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

They are talking 310+ hp out of the 4.3L V6... direct injection does wonders.

The 4.3L and the 5.3L have 11:1 Compression

The 6.2L will have 11.5:1 Compression

If there is room under the hood like my '12.... I see turbo kits, and SC kits in progress. Hope they come up with a tuning system.

I really dont like the extended cab pillar forward opening doors. at that point even though I wouldnt need the crew cab, id get it anyway with the 6'6" bed on it. I would love to upgrade to it. heated cloth interior is nice along with a nice user interface.

Im a huge fan of the red with the Z71 badge. i was actually wanting to put a badge there like that on my truck since there is one like it on my dads 2SS camaro. I thought of that and then they did it... grrr

Also, here is 50+ more pictures. Love that red, and love that blue.

2014 Chevy Silverado, GMC Sierra boast new styling, engine options | General Motors news | Detroit Free Press | freep.com