Customer Service 866.965.0400

My New Tail Bone Rough Rider!

BRZN

Question

Received one of these bad boys over the Holidays: Tail Bone Rough Rider and can't wait to put it to some good use.

IMG_5730resize_zps817d0c6b.jpg

Sunday and Monday looks to break 32 and won't have any precipitation so I might be out there on it then. I've got my work cut out for me on my daughters' car, but that's for another write up.

IMG_5728resize_zpsae24cbd3.jpg

Anyways, first impressions of the seat...

The rather large box arrived via FedEx which I tore into immediately. Inside I found the base, seat and a small box that included the hardware, and the three wheels on their casters. A few simple hand tools and 15 minutes later I was scootin' around the kitchen floor to my wifes dismay!

IMG_5729resize_zps89a182a3.jpg

This unit is the beefier of the two the company offers. It has large 5 1/4" wheels made to be able to roll over rough surfaces, extension cords and perhaps even a hose with no problems. The box states, "For Outdoor Use" and it sits 1 3/4" above the ground at its lowest point.

There are eight bolts that hold the seat to the base.

Four in the rear:

IMG_5731resize_zps159399da.jpg

and two on each side:

IMG_5732resize_zpsa06d7461.jpg

The wheels came attached to their casters and are held on with four bolts each:

IMG_5734resize_zps801d0c1e.jpg

Like I'd stated above the wheels are good sized at 5.25" each and have, sort of, a 1940's Art Deco look to them with their side skirts:

IMG_5733resize_zpsaab0f18c.jpg

The skirts should help to keep unwanted things from getting tangled up in the wheels.

The same styling cues were used to the fenders that wrap over the wheels from the base:

IMG_5738resize_zpsf695c9ad.jpg

The seat height is 14" and seemed perfect as I rolled around the GTO in the garage for working on the wheels and areas below the cars beltline.

Now, as for the seat, Oliver Wendell Douglas probably wished he'd have had one of these on his tractor!

IMG_5735resize_zpsf8f7cb35.jpg

It's huge!

Rated for 350 pounds? Can't imagine how a 350 pounder could get up out of the thing, but his butt should fit. I've got plenty of room to spare!

IMG_5736resize_zps7b074657.jpg

Honey, any more of that Christmas pie left? I'll take another couple of pieces, I need to bulk up a bit!

17 answers to this question

LOL... possibly the best product review this site has ever seen :lolsmack:

Just giving the seat its due. It's a beast!

love the pic of your arse Dave, I'm glad you posted it..

Nick, you're starting to scare me...

When I asked; my wife said, "you want me to take a picture of what?" followed up with, "you're certainly not going to post that on the internet!" As I smiled and ran to the computer giggling.

Nice Dave! Do you have the Rolling Detail Seat also? I want to know the thoughts from someone who has both.

No I don't Mook. I was looking at getting the Detail Seat until this bad boy was released.

Dave, No paint on the wheels, they're gold colored plastic. What you see in that one picture is a bit of the rubber from the tire that came over the wheel when it was made.

Now that you say that, I can tell now. Thanks!