Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Year.....New Truck

JBlack151

Dude. John. BUDDY. There is NO NEED for a damn 6" lift!?!?!?!? Seriously poncho....a 4" lift would be PLENTY for daily necessities. ESPECIALLY if you plan on using this thing for your growing detailing biz (which I KNOW you are), that much lift is going to be more of a hassle than a help. FO' REAL PLAYA!!!! A moderate 4" lift will give you the "attitude" you're looking for, and keep things livable for working out of it. Make sense???! But.......it ain't my money and it ain't my truck......:)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya brotha from another mutha! :D I'm still researching lifts and checking out what my height would be at with my fenders, rear bumper, etc. But every time I see a crew cab on 33's it just looks like the tires are too small for the size of the truck.

Right now I'm working some sizes on a 6" BDS lift with coilovers.

Leaving for a snowmobiling trip tomorrow. Hopefully I can stop by the shop that will be doing all my work on the new truck next week to talk with them about all the options.

This is what it would look like with the 6" BDS kit along with 35's and 20x10's.

I really doubt 35's would fit on a 4" kit for my truck without doing a whole lot of trimming and still would probably have rubbing after looking at these shots.

viewerphp_zps06e6fb65.jpeg

viewer-1php_zpscd58032c.jpeg

Still thinking about 22x11's as well with 35's which would be similar to this. But this is a 7" lift that runs close to 9" in the front so it's a little higher than I want.

9F99E713-945F-4633-9B3D-239720357F93-27695-00000ACCD95F9404_zps2b34cae0.jpg

So many options!!! :willy:

Edited by JBlack151

Ok, well......that 6" lift isn't quite as high as I thought......

However. If you do 22" wheels with mud tires, I will slap the living hell out of you!!!! That's like saying: "I'd like to have a slammed hotrod, but instead, I'm gonna put the same wheels on my 4x4!!! Is that cool??" And I have an answer for ya.....NO, THAT'S NOT COOL!!!!!

An offroad vehicle looks MUCH better (in my humble, overstated, crappy opinion) with a smaller wheel, and a bigger tire!!!! I had a 17" wheel with a 35" tire on my Wrangler and LOVED that look. A damn 22" wheel with offroad tires on it, looks incredibly confused in my opinion. Hell, that'd be like me putting mud tires on my Charger, lmao!!!!!.................???

This is exactly why I am hesitant on the 22's. I want it to still serve it's purpose when taking it off the road and it will always being playing in the snow too. It only catches my eye standing still with 22's and I would regret it in the end.

Thanks for keeping me in that line man! :2thumbs:

Chase is right tho. Do not put 22's on that thing. If you do, well, I know where you live and will smack ya for Chase! Haha! The biggest problems with these truck, and I have no idea why they keep designing them this way but it's the wheel well opening themselves. They make them so tall with a ton of room and then barely clear the OD of the tire towards the bottom of the opening. I just sit here and shake my head since the design team for the trucks seem to never get it. Heck my Jeep is on a 2" lift and I'm running 35's. I know, apples to oranges but don't run that thing to the sky just to run a 35. Those truck are so big that honestly, anything less than a 37 doesn't seem proportional to the truck.

I also agree with the wheel sizing. I know I will be running a 17" wheel with my 35's and 37's for a multitude of reasons but for a comparison, my dad has an 08 Ram with the factory 20" wheels on it. At first they looked huge compared to the tires. We did a leveling kit and put some 33" Duratrac tires on it. Honestly it sits perfect for cruising around town and even in the snow. It actually sits higher than my Jeep on 35's. Would I go any taller on that truck? Heck no. It's more capable than my dads driving skills are and he even admitted that he needs to get used to the size of the truck since his DD is a Fusion.

For Jeeps and trucks, after working on them for years, I have adopted the KISS method a ton. The tasteful stuff is where it's at on these trucks. If I see some 22" spinners, you're asking for it! :lolsmack:

HAHA!! You guys are too much. Don't worry, you won't be pulling up to the house to find 22's or even spinners for that fact!!! :lolsmack:

I hate this whole process. There are just too many options, but I'm extremely picky on how the end results should look. I want the 6" lift with 35's and I have someone who will be sending me the measurements of his truck with this set up to see how high the fenders, hood, bumpers will be.

Then I get a text from a buddy back in California last night who just did a 4" BDS lift on 33's and 20x10's on his crew cab and it honestly looks pretty good from the crappy cell pic he sent. Here's a shot similar to what his set up is.

viewer-1php_zps5890e74e.jpeg

viewer-2php_zps9ba759b5.jpeg

The only reason that I may not go with the 6" is the area we live in. Small little New England town and I may get tired of dealing with a bigger set up a lot quicker. I'm not worried about driving or the mobility of using the bed or anything like that. I grew up in SoCal with trucks a whole lot bigger!

I do appreciate your guys comments and suggestions though! Maybe I should start a poll up here for a 4" or 6" :D

I had a 3" Rough Country set up on my '08. I don't have the truck anymore, but I really liked the look. I had 275/60/20s (33x11" bc they were cheap). I loved the size, not too big and not stock.

If I had a nnbs again (I have a nbs now), I would do the 4" BDS with 33"x12.5 toyo MTs. I wouldn't do the RC 3.5 (no longer 3") because of the alignment issues. BDS makes a great kit.

You will not need to re-gear with 33's (or even 35s really), so that can save you some $.

Not sure what my fender measurements were. I will search some other forums.

Here are some crappy pics, I will search for better pics. Ultimately, it is your truck and money (as srtluvr said) so do why makes you (and your wife) happy.

Before any debadging.

taza9u5u.jpg

va9abazy.jpg

Edit: found more pics!

sevumetu.jpg

u2yjenys.jpg

These were before Adams :blush: Look at those gorgeous wheel wells! :facepalm:

Making note of the "making the wife happy" comment there. Nice one! She just wants me to get everything done so I'm not on the computer researching everything!

Yeah I haven't heard much good things from the RC kits. I'm only going to go with BDS at this point because of the lifetime warranty.

Thanks for the info and the pictures. Today's choice is the 4". We'll see what the weekend brings since I will be in snowmobiling country! I might lean back to the 6". :D

Making note of the "making the wife happy" comment there. Nice one! She just wants me to get everything done so I'm not on the computer researching everything!

Yeah I haven't heard much good things from the RC kits. I'm only going to go with BDS at this point because of the lifetime warranty.

Thanks for the info and the pictures. Today's choice is the 4". We'll see what the weekend brings since I will be in snowmobiling country! I might lean back to the 6". :D

I'm pretty indecisive as well, and when I was choosing a lift for my current truck she couldn't wait for me to order it so I would be done researching!

She also hates huge lifts (>4.5" or so depending on truck) for getting in and out of daily! But that's why we have a stock Tahoe! Either way, I still obeyed lol.

Well the truck was absolutely amazing this past weekend on our snowmobiling trip. She was put to the test for sure with all the snow and winter conditions.

The plow for the street got stuck in the next door neighbor's driveway and I pulled him out with the trailer still hooked up. It was a good feeling having the Chevy rescue the Dodge! Here is a shot of the stuck plow.

6emajuma.jpg

Got home early yesterday afternoon and finally got to apply some Adam's love to her for the first time. Just a good wash with Car Shampoo and my new Kranzle pressure washer, GWC, SVRT, Undercarriage Spray, GS, In & Out Spray, and DS. She's still due for a full correction though.

5a7u8a8a.jpg

u4u6evy3.jpg

the BDS 4" and 6" kits are the same price. once you go 4" you'll want to go 6" ;)

I noticed that too, however I was going to do the 6" kit with coilovers. But I am set with the 4" kit with some Bilsteins for the shocks. The 6" is going to be too big after getting measurements from another buddy who has the kit.

You'll be happy with the 4" kit and 35's. Heck I'm lowering the Jeep so it's basically a 1" lift height yet still running 35's :)

After a bit of looking around the only late model truck that I have seen embrace the 'lets fit the wheel well to the tire' is the Ford Raptor but I know they come with a decent price tag as well.

There is no way I can run the 4" kit with 35's without some serious trimming and still have rubbing. That's because of the squared fenders on these trucks. 33's will be the best combo to run to avoid all of that.

My buddy wants a Raptor very badly. I've been helping him out with the search however he wants the little extra cab when I feel he will need the extra room with the crew cabs. But like you said....that's a hefty price tag.