Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Year.....New Truck

JBlack151

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed however a 20x12 is too wide of a rim for me. I won't go wider then a 20x10. The tough part is trying to decide which wheel. I've narrowed it down to 2 options that pretty much look the same.

For tires I'm doing some Toyo Open Country MT's or Nitto Trail Grapplers. I'm leaning towards the Toyo's

Nice truck (although I might be biased) :D

Interesting that the Z71 still gets the wood interior trim in the LTZ model... I didn't know that. The entire reason for me choosing the Z71 option on mine was to get the silver trim parts on the inside and the color matched front end. I didn't have the $$$ to swing the LTZ so I went LT2 and optioned it out.

If your dealer is nice enough they can order the silver trim separate and install it in place of the wood. We did it for my mothers Tahoe. As well for my dads new duramax.

To OP: Couple notes to remember.... To put anything more than a leveling kit on, last I checked you need to grind the cooling fins off of the differential to fix the angle of the drive shaft/axle. May want to look into that. Thats the reason mine is still stock as well.... I love my warranty.

YES to re-gear... some say you will be ok, but the stress you are putting on all the components from the extra rotating mass, people have been having drive shaft as well as rear end issues due to the lift/tire size issue.

Id love to see it debadged, leave the door bumpers. Tinted windows, and a soft tonneau cover.

A "free looks mod" is you can take off that front lower black lip on the bumper. 2 bolts and the tabs just pull out. makes it look taller anyway.

Now that I've narrowed down the lift to be a BDS 4" with Bilsteins for shocks I need to get my wheels/tires ordered ASAP along with some AMP steps so everything can get installed together with the lift.

I'm trying to choose between the 2 options.

The Ultra Predators in 20x10's with 33x12.5 Toyo Open Country M/T for tires. Here is a picture of the combo on a lift that will be similar size to the BDS kit.

IMG_0356-1_zps5cad2c68.jpg

The other options are the 20x10 Fuel Hostage wheels shown here on the same set up I'm going with as well.

tapatalk_1356194746853_zps95ba8233.jpeg

Pricing on the wheels are almost identical so it really is just my choice at this point. I love the Fuel Hostage. And the Ultra's look clean as well.

I hate this is the one choice delaying me from moving forward. :willy: In the meantime I plan on doing some debadging this weekend.

As far as I can see, the main difference is if you want your wheel lugs to be exposed or not. Both have the fake looking bolt head to simulate a beadlock on the outer edge and the Fuels have some knob looking thing towards the outside spoke. I would be curious to see how well those center cap covers on the Fuel wheels hold water, snow, salt, dirt and all of that stuff only because it would then start to impact the finish of those wheels.

I'd have to say I'd go with the first ones. Flatter and cleaner looking as far as the lines and design go on the wheel itself.

The warranty on both are almost the same. The difference is the Ultra's (1st picture) have a 1 year chrome warranty. The Fuel wheels have a 2 year on the chrome.

The reason I like the Ultra's (1st pic) is because there are classic and simple or cleaner like you said.

The Fuel Hostage wheels are hot right now. So that only means one thing. They will be old and played out within the year or until the next hot wheel comes out. Just like the KMC Rockstars. I never could stand that wheel and I'm glad they are finally not showing up on every single truck you see with a lift. I'm sorry if anyone here has those.

Oh man and here I was going to put some 20" Rockstars on the Jeep... :lolsmack:

I agree with you tho on the first ones with the cleaner lines. Plus it just seems to fit the character of the truck more if that makes any sense. When you get it set where you want it nothing is going to be too over the top or flashy but done tastefully.

Double check that the Fuels are even available. Several weeks ago a friend of mine tried to order the chrome Hostages in 20x10s like that and the shop said it would be a few months before they could get them. They said something like Fuel makes their wheels in batches, and they had shifted production to other models and will get back around to these again. Of course, this is all 2nd (or 3rd) hand info to me.

I really am getting anxious to have something done on the truck ASAP! Every time I get ready to order my tires/wheels I find a new wheel that I start liking more. I don't want to drop the truck off to have the lift installed until the wheels/tires are delivered so everything can be put on at once.

I came across these wheels. They are pricey and polished but I like them.

REBEL SS 6

Hmmmmmmm :willy:

Edited by JBlack151

I like those!

I'm pretty sure they are the ones. I'm all around happy with them. Just have to meet with my wheel guy now to discuss prices and get tires too.

Plus the TBSS is sold. So there's my "time to have fun" money! :D

Thanks Mark. I agree on the black ones and would consider those as well.....if I had the black or light grey interior. I don't want everything on the exterior to be white and black when the interior is tan.

I think the polished wheels will look the best for the truck.

Okay final decision before I purchase. You all have any input knowing they will be on my truck year round here in the northeast with the weather conditions?

A. Buy the polished aluminum American Force Rebel SS wheels knowing I will be polishing my heart out all the time with lot's of QS being applied.

B. Buy the chrome Ultra Predators and hope they are prepped and plated well along with also keeping them maintained all year round. Also with lots of Adam's protection.

I'm leaning towards the polished. Just for the fact I don't want to run into chrome issues.

I have the Ultra Predators on my truck now and I'm actually on my second set of them, the chrome to me is way too soft and is also super thin. If you can swing the American Force wheels that would be the way to go in my opinion.