Customer Service 866.965.0400

kitchen countertops?

twb4525

Question

since my wife loves to use chlorox cleanup on our countertops (and i hate the smell), just wondering if anyone has used the APC or even Waterless wash instead?

(mods - not sure if this is in the right area, feel free to move if necessary)

12 answers to this question

since my wife loves to use chlorox cleanup on our countertops (and i hate the smell), just wondering if anyone has used the APC or even Waterless wash instead?

(mods - not sure if this is in the right area, feel free to move if necessary)

Not either of those. But I did break out the FMP and PC with white pad and polished my Granite, then waxed with Americana. When your car is clean I guess one finds ways to get the PC out and work. :cheers::pc::banana::patriot:

We just put in quartz and I use Adams glass cleaner. With the porous nature of granite, I'd use something that will kill germs like the Clorox wipes. We use Clorox wipes as well, especially after working with raw meat.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

You can use APC, but I'm not entirely sure about its disinfecting qualities (hasn't been tested) and in my house we are VERY focused on keeping counters and food prep areas completely disinfected. Since I don't know the disinfecting properties for sure I wouldn't advise it.

I use Glass Sealant or Quick Sealant on them to keep them easy to clean, but as far as cleaning goes I use an alcohol free disinfectant for cleaning day to day. Polishing them with a machine REALLY will bring out the shine on granite and other stone surfaces.

I actually prefer my quartz to not be shiny. IMO it shows more when it's shiny and I have little fingers everywhere in my house. lol It's one of the reasons we bought it. It also isn't porous like granite so it's easier to disinfect. We use Clorox wipes followed by a dry paper towel 9 times out of ten. When someone is coming over, it's Adams GC and a cheap MF for perfection!

APC gets used in the microwave to cut any oils that are in it. It melts them away like nothing.