Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ferrari 458 Italia

DaveVY

Had the honor to detail this car today. No full write up, just a short overview and a few pics.

All products used were Adam's.

- Wipe down and vacuum interior. Spot treated a couple areas on leather seats that showed dirt

- Engine compartment wipe down

- Cleaned wheels with APC and Green Wheel Cleaner. Used the wheel brush, Tire and Fender brush, Lug Nut brush, wheel woolies

- Stip wash (APC and Car Shampoo)

- Clay was not needed (I was amazed it didn't need it)

- "Old" detail spray wipe down

- Treated engine compartment with SVRT and In and Out Spray

- Treated all exterior plastics with SVRT

- Did not do any paint correction. Since a prior hack detailer burnt through the clear in one place I am not comfortable doing a paint correction without using a paint thickness gauge.

- Applied Glaze

- Applied Americana

- Used In and Out Spray on all vents

- Cleaned all glass

Love this dark metallic color, not sure of the "proper name". But it is sure cool!

When I showed up the owner offered to take me for a ride... I declined since I didn't want a hot engine to clean! :help: Asked if I could get a raincheck on that. :lolsmack:

Very very cool car. :cheers:

IMG_5376_zps02fafdb0.jpg

IMG_5384_zps2e644559.jpg

IMG_5380_zps5906688c.jpg

IMG_5374_zps33a2d3e3.jpg

fc2cd549-7151-41f6-a194-5d138f3819d4_zps442ad481.jpg

image_zps542395ec.jpg

any pics of the burn through? how noticeable is it?

No close up pics of that area, but maybe I can get pics of it later. Will be detailing a couple of this customer's other cars.

The burn through was a small area, roughly 1 to 2 square centimeters near the left front headlight next to a hard crease in the panel.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know how this compares yet to the F12 Berlinetta or the New Enzo, but truly one of the BEST Exotics on the Road. Ferrari out did themselves with this car it is amazing!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgKjp1pq7iI]Ferrari 458 vs Ferrari 430 - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube[/ame]

FF to 3:00

Sounds Like a bear a burning bear AHHHHHH!!!!

Love Top gear! (UK)

It lives up to everything said about it, and more! After driving many many different model s of ferrari's while I worked there that car is like no other. With exception of the Enzo, SA Aperta and F40 it is in my top 5 for sure. I quote ferris bueler, "It's so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." haha

Only 2 Ferarris are in the pipe line, the F12 Berlinetta (300K) which is available and the New Enzo, which will run a cool Million as did the old Enzo.

It is a gorgeous car!

The owner has his name on a list for a new Ferrari to be available possibly late this year... hmmm, wonder which one that will be... will be fun to get to see and detail that car too! :drool:

Nice work! They are amazing machines! My father just bought a black 458 Spider. We've only had it around the block a couple of times, but it'll need a detail this spring. Good to know on the thin clear.

We were at the F12 unveiling recently and it's a pretty cool machine. Ferrari is lifting the bar, as usual!