Customer Service 866.965.0400

Couple Questions

SIERRAAZ

Question

Hello,

Well after missing the detail clinic in Scottsdale due to the flu, i am slowly starting to stock up on product. it will be a wile as i like to wait around to see the awesome daily and weekly specials! i wanted to start a thread to ask a few questions just to clarify.

1: Car wash trio. Does it come with the great white towel or a smaller one?

2: I did the baggie test and since it will be a little wile until i get the porter cable starter kit, Can i clay the truck and the seal or wax it? What is the best method until i get the machine?

Thanks for the imput and advise! according to the tracking page my detail spray and MF towels should be in tomorrow! :mail:

16 answers to this question

The trio comes with the large white drying towel. They only make/sell one dedicated drying towel. Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel

I personally would only buy the car wash in gallon sized containers. You'll be money ahead, but it doesn't hurt to buy this kit and also add the gallon. So you'll have the small bottle to top off. (This is what I do and leave the gallons in the basement) ;)

Claying does NOT have to be followed by polishing!!! Clay it, do the baggie test again, and seal if you like. You can also get some Revive and hand polish it and then seal.

I recommend for a DD that you use AQS and then top with either BW, or APW, but it does NOT require topping if you don't want to. I always recommend AQS no matter what.

Edited by Chewy

YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE A MACHINE!!

Man, I get tired of saying that.

Adam's products will give you amazing results without a machine. I had a black Vette before this white one and I tried a machine ONE time. Never used it again after that and I can show you trophies and awards and best of shows that are in the garage for that car. Take your time and you'll get great results. :cheers:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE A MACHINE!!

Man, I get tired of saying that.

Adam's products will give you amazing results without a machine. I had a black Vette before this white one and I tried a machine ONE time. Never used it again after that and I can show you trophies and awards and best of shows that are in the garage for that car. Take your time and you'll get great results. :cheers:

True you don't have to. Not sure if you saw my post in the thread started for the clinic in Scottsdale AZ but i posted a picture of my hood. I believe i need a machine to correct it unless other imput is provided. Attached is the same pic.

The trio comes with the large white drying towel. They only make/sell one dedicated drying towel. Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel

I personally would only buy the car wash in gallon sized containers. You'll be money ahead, but it doesn't hurt to buy this kit and also add the gallon. So you'll have the small bottle to top off. (This is what I do and leave the gallons in the basement) ;)

Claying does NOT have to be followed by polishing!!! Clay it, do the baggie test again, and seal if you like. You can also get some Revive and hand polish it and then seal.

I recommend for a DD that you use AQS and then top with either BW, or APW, but it does NOT require topping if you don't want to. I always recommend AQS no matter what.

Thanks for the info! If you can see the picture i attached would you guys recommend machine polishing to fix that? Should i start with swirl & haze or fine machine polish? They appear to be holograms from the buffer the dealer used.

Definitely rotary holograms there... good job capturing that b/c its not always easy to photograph. You'll definitely need to machine polish to fix those... by hand you're just not going to be able to impart enough change to remove those.

So would you say swirl & haze or try fine machine polish?

Definitely rotary holograms there... good job capturing that b/c its not always easy to photograph. You'll definitely need to machine polish to fix those... by hand you're just not going to be able to impart enough change to remove those.

Have to agree on this one. That's going to take more than a hand job. :rockon:

So would you say swirl & haze or try fine machine polish?

I would start off with SHR on a 2'x2' test area. Then follow it up with FMP and check your results.

Once you get the test area to your liking you now know your routine needed for the entire truck.

Remember that after all that polishing your paint will be completely bare and a sealant such as QS or MSS is highly recommended to keep all your work protected.

Can I wash Adams mf towels with others towels? I have the cheepy mf towels I used on glass,wheels ect until my other orders show up, but can I wash together? Or do you separate load like wax and polish rags then glass and wheel rags together? Just wanna make sure I don't destroy these towels first wash.